I fractured my wrist a year ago and its still in pain, what do i do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a suspected fracture in my wrist a year ago, i was meant to go back for an X-ray as they said fractures can take time to show on X-rays on the wrist joint, but i didnt go back. I just left on the brace until i felt it was ok. I thought the pain would get better but it didnt, it still hurts a lot at night after using it all day. i also have a lump where the pain is. My wrist cracks everytime i move it and is in constant pain atm. 

Im not sure what i should do, do i go to the doctors or is it normal after fractures? 

thx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well I have never heard that before your X-ray should have been done immediately. I wonder, what country you are in are you in UK. I would visit your doctor and tell him you want an X-ray to see what is going on with your wrist. You could be getting perhaps a bit of arthritis in your wrist, that can happen when you have had a fracture.

Maureen  .

• Posted

I had an X-ray at the time but they wasnt sure and said sometimes it takes a week or so to show up on an X-ray. 

thx 

• Posted

So did they not give you a follow up appointment after that mentioned a week to show up fracture. Are you in uk, I had X-ray on day of accident, then a cast put on, after a week I had the operation of plate and screws. Which is similar to other people, with fractures who are in UK.

Maureen

• Posted

Ye im in the UK.  

I never got a follow up appointment which is why i never went back, the doctor just told me to come back but i wasnt sure if she where and when. Ive had broken bones before where what happened to you happened but this time it was different. 

It was my first time in adults A&E and they wasnt very helpfull. Im going to get a doctors appointment and hopefully find out what the problem is. 

Thx

• Posted

Yes definitely see your GP, you definitely didn't have proper treatment for your injury. You need another x-ray to see what went wrong and why !

Maureen  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.