I get cramps at night starting in one leg then get cramps in other leg as same time.They hurt so bad

Posted , 5 users are following.

They can happen Anywhere from toes to tendons in foot too upper thigh anywhere. Right this min!!

Somebody please tell me what i can do. They last so long I get scared they won't stop.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Try taking magneism
    • Posted

I am willing to try anything thanks for the advice. I honestly thought I was the only person that got cramps like this and I hate it
    • Posted

I know the feweling-I almost woke my husband and wanted to go to hospital. They wouldn't stop and wanted to cry. Finally walking around helped them go away, but it took a long time. That was last week, none since. Drink more water.
  • Posted

Hi Chameleon,

as you will see from the various posts nobody really has an answer to these cramps. Some people say Magnesium helps them but not everyone, at the moment I've been given a course of five vitamin B12 injections and am keeping my fingers crossed! 

Good luck with finding something for yours.

Sheila

• Posted

Thann you, Sheila. This has been going on do long and Im so glad I joined. If my msg replies sometimes dont make sense it is because my keyboard has a mind of its own and changes good words to different words with nothing in common
  • Posted

I was getting horrible cramps at night!  Went to doctor and had magnesium and potassium checked.  They came out okay.  Told m to stretch before bed and to drink a 1/2 cup of tonic water 45 minutes before bed.  The stretching consisted of putting my foot up on a door or wall and bending my foot leaning in so the calf muscles stretched.  Do each foot alternating holding about 10-15 seconds and repeat 10 times.  I have no problems now.  Although I also had steroid injections in my back and don't know if it was the stretching or the injections?  Nothing to lose doing the stretches.  I would have your magnesium and potassium checked though.

good luck!  They are really painful!

keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.