I get flashes of runny nose

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi! So I just want to see whether others relate and what their doctors told them. I get runny noses that start randomly and are very brief. I get a couple of these flash runny noses everyday. I took an allergy test and everything came back negative. So my doctor said that I have nonallergic rhinitis. But, I just want to see if anyone has that experience and what they were told.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry this is rather late - have only just seen your post. I haven't been to a doctor but looked symptoms up on internet and reckon I too have non-allergic rhinitis. Sometimes I get a runny nose like you for an hour or so, often I'll start sneezing late in the evening for no apparent reason. I have certainly noticed that if I go straight from one temperature to another it starts me off, but there are so many other triggers listed on the internet, including alcohol consumption for some reason. I find antihistamines help but don't want to take too many of them due to side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.