I get itching after urinating. Is it due to UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need a second opinion. I’m 63 years male, After urinating itching starts below the penis (and balls) due to remaining droplets discharge. My GP had my urine analyzed and said that skin itching was due to Bacterial Infection and prescribed Cipro.. and Analgestic. I’ve no relief so far. 

I’ve no sugar .I feel no pain or blockage during urinating .My pH was 7 and color slightly yellow.

Pls advise if above diagnose was Okay or I need further tests done.

Good day.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A PH of 7 is neutral so it's a good environment for bacterial growth regarding Cipro I would say don't take CIPRO never take cipro family drugs they have horrible side effects incase there were pus cells in your sample so yeah u have a bacterial infection that needs antibiotics just tell ur doctor to prescribe something other than cipro and take probiotics they are really good they add good bacteria so it can overcome the bad bacteria then there will be balance and the PH will get back to normal 
  • Posted

How many tablets of cipro have you taken. Are they 500mg or 750 mg
    • Posted

Is this bactaria contagious?would it transmit to my wife..
    • Posted

yes it is likely to transmit but no no it's not contagious like its not scary or dangerous 

this depends on the bacteria usually most uti's are caused by E.coli which is usually from the bowels 

now i suppose ur doctor has done a urine culture to know what bacteria is this 

• Posted

Not yet. I'm going to see the Dr this Sat & ask for culture test.So far I got no relief using Ciprofloxacin for 4 day so obviously it isn't working .Dr needs to change antibiotic after culture.

• Posted

annyhow Cipro isn't a favorable medication it has sever side effects its better to change it now the urinalysis is done in relation with the culture so if there are pus cells it means an infection the culture will know which bacteria and antibiotic is prescribed just don't forget to take probiotics because even if the infection is gone antibiotics usually kill the good bacteria too so u need to bring back the balance don't feel surprised if even after infection is gone u still feel itchiness its cos the good bacteria in that area has died and the bad bacteria is over taking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.