I get really sore muscles during exercise.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been quite active the last 6 months but I've just started training for a race. My muscles cannot cope when I'm exercising they just give up! I don't know if I don't have enough iron in my diet or protein. Has anybody experienced this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I experienced this and it was found I was anemic and lacked vitamin D. Have a blood test and see what that throws out
    • Posted

Thanks for your help. I think I will get a blood test. I've started taking a multivitamin supplement to be on the safe side so hopefully it will get better soon!
    • Posted

They didn't work for me. I ended up vitamin D deficient and my muscles were always hurting. Now on a loading dose of vitamin D things are getting better
    • Posted

Okay, I might try supplements out for a few weeks and see if things get better but if not I'll go to the doctor and see what she says. Thank you for responding so quickly! Good things are getting better for you

• Posted

you may need to supplement with magnesium to help with muscle fatigue.
    • Posted

Thank you !I tried this and made sure I had enough water and now I feel great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.