i get the same feelings. i get funny feelings in my hea...

Posted , 1 user is following.

i get the same feelings. i get funny feelings in my head also. one time i thought i was having a stroke, seziure or something, but was tested and that was not it. i cannot describe the feeling except a strange feeling comes over me from my head and i can still function when the feeling hits, but on ocassion i feel i am in another zone also, like i'm not quite all there. it is weird, but it takes someone who has experienced this to understand. i cannot even make my doctor understand my feeling. i have had CAT scans, i have gone to an ENT and the only thing they can come up with is that i have severe rhinitis. and for the past 5 to 6 months i have had very thick clear mucas clogging up my sinus with bad headaches. please tell me there is somebody going thru this also. i just need someone to understand what i am going thru. and if i have found that special person, can you tell me what you have been diagnosed with, if diagnosed.

[i:f6c737a990]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f6c737a990]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Ive suffered with Nasal polyps now for 4 years and I can't smell anything at all. In that time, i've had many feelings of being "spaced out, like I'm on another planet or having some sort of temporary acid trip (or certainly a flash back). Ive never had the polyps removed as I hear that they come back so Id like to find whats causing them. I do find taking low dose aspirin (75mg) dissolved in water seems to help and I get my smell back albeit only for a few weeks and then my smell goes again so I lay off the aspirin for 4 weeks and when I start retaking it, it comes back. I've just been precribed betnesol by my doctor which he's advised I take for 4 weeks and then go onto Flixonase, he's told me to persevere with the drops as I've tried them in the past but found them useless to be honest. I absolute hate the polyps and wish I could control and get rid of them once and for all.

Hope this helps and your certainly not on your own with your feelings.

Take Care,

Ian

[i:746a5057fc]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:746a5057fc]

• Posted

I've just been diagnosed with nasal polyp, however, I've experienced the symptoms for a long time...blocked like cement nasal passage, runny, wake up at night, mouth breathing. I'm just starting nose mists & prednisone prescribed by MD. But I also, every now and then, experience something I can only describe as a strong dejavue feeling or almost out-of-body experience only for about 10 seconds or so & then when it goes away, I'm weak and have to sit or kneel or lean on something till I get back to normal. Very unnerving feeling. Polyps do that??? P.S. I do not have any kind of mental condition.

Anyway, good luck to all!

[i:2ebe6171f7]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2ebe6171f7]

• Posted

the feeling is like my mind is not alert , i am mildely drunk...that may be becouse my eyes are not .....my part of mind which control skills does not function well...like some time i can write and speak very fast but some other time i dont...some time it feels that i will get paralysed .. i have consulted to a neurologist abt that....i have undergone EEG which was normal..he has told me abt anxiety disorder ..coz i think too much......i have undergone a FESS for nasal polyps....things are improving now gradually
  • Posted

I have the nasal polyps too. I have had them taken out 3 times. The nasal polyps do affect the brain. My brain is fogged and memory it bad. Its a daily strugle everyday. I use the nasal sprays and Singulair every day. I still had to get surgery. I don't know what else to do. [u:996ef297fa][/u:996ef297fa]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.