I get upset stomach, then my heart starts pumping faster, shortness of breath, dizzy.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have these same symptoms? I get like bloated in the stomach and i can feel air bubbling inside. Then i feel my heart beat faster. Shortness of breath, like very hard to breath so i have to yawn alot. I also get this dizzy feeling in the head and can feel veins pumping on my head. I got everything checked, my heart and lungs all normal. Only thing that came up was with endoscopy, they said i got some acid reflux. Is it possible that this is the problem? I feel like they are missing something and i will get like a heart attack. I have work to do and a loving gf by my side. I am only 25 years old and would like to get back to normal living. Please can someone help? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Acid reflux can give you an upset stomach and you can get trapped wind.  Try avoiding gassy vegetables like brussels sprouts, cabbage and broccoli.  Avoid fizzy drinks. Bicarbonate of soda is good for gas.  Avoid anything spicy, fatty or rich.

Dizziness, shortness of breath, heart palpitations and a sensation of veins pumping in your head could be caused by anxiety if you are stressing about your symptoms.  I have had the same sensations in my head and it was stress related,  

Ask your doctor for a PPI like omeprazole to reduce acid reflux.  At rhe age of 25,a heart attack would be very rare.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer. It really feels like something else is wrong with me, paranoid and anxiety might be it yes. What helped for you?
    • Posted

My troubles have been gut related mainly.  I have had chronic acid reflux for years and was given short term omeprazole which helped.  I now take over the counter remedies like gaviscon and milk which are also effective.  I decided not to take PPIs long term because of side effects.

I also have stress related IBS and Buscopan and Nurofen help with that.  Occasionally I have to take Imodium for diarrhoea but in the main, I get constipation and oranges help to solve it.

• Posted

Hi, I get these symptoms with acid reflux was put on omeprazole worked well.

hope this helps, Tracy.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer. It is good to know that someone has same symtpoms. I got those pills too, how long did it take to feel better? Ive taken them for 3 days and tried to follow a healthy diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.