I get widowed parents Allowance, does anyone know if I can claim any other benefits other than Pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently awaiting MR for my pip application but am not holding out much hope although I will appeal. Despite medical evidence the Atos assessor lied on his report and therefore I was devastated to be awarded 0 points for both parts.

I currently work part time but am going to have to stop soon due to the amount of time I am taking off due to anxiety and ptsd. 

I currently receive Widowed parents Allowance and Tax credits so believe I’m correct that I can’t claim Esa, is there any other benefits I could apply for because I won’t be able to financially cope on just that income, am so worried that it’s making my anxiety worse, it’s a non stop vicious circle. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I don't believe that you can claim any other benefits such as ESA alongside this benefit. As you are working at the moment if you earn at least £116 per week then it would be SSP that you would need to claim if you're unable to work because of your condition. This is payable for 28 weeks. You can't claim ESA alongside this.

I wouldn't advice you to give up working without first speaking to ACAS who will be able to advice you on your best options. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks as always Denise, my current contract ends in July and I’m sure they will not offer me a new one due to the time I’ve taken off this year so was just wondering if I would be able to claim anything xxx 
    • Posted

No problem. Try using a benefit calculator as if you don't work and see what it comes up with. They are usually pretty accurate if all the information is put in correctly. Turn2us or entitledto, either one. Links can't be posted here. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.