I give up. 10 years no relief

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been dealing with BV for 10 years. I have tried vitamins, probiotics, suppositories, 80% veggies 20% baked/sauteed meat, vaginal steaming, antibiotics etc..just to give an idea of what I've done. is there anyone that has overcome this or found a way to live with it? I get it after sex and period. if I can just find a way to prevent it after sex I'll be happy. is there a solution you use for a suppository that stops it after sex? any advice is welcome.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

My grandson does bleach baths because of his skin disorder. My thought was if he has to do the baths to keep the bacteria down what the heck I will try it. I did that for 3 days in a row (I was desperate). I don't remember the ratio but I'm sure it wasn't much I sat in the tub for a while. Bingo 3 days later gone! That's what I did I'm not saying to do that. Just saying it worked for me.I don't know how you deal with it for 10 years. I'm just so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I do boric acid suppositories, it doesnt cure it but it does help.

• Posted

how often do you do the boric acid suppository? I bought some boric acid from Amazon and make my own. do you just use it after intercourse?

• Posted

Hey! I'm in the SAME boat here, 10 flipping years and all..and I recently decided I'm going on hormonal birth control (with estrogen and progesterone, the pills I guess) to help maintain my estrogen because if it is low I always start smelling myself right before my period (when estrogen is at its lowest). -and that is if I can even get it to go away at all during that month... and if not I constantly suffer months on end with no break.

Here is something from a scholarly journal from ncbi:

Hormonal Contraception Is Associated with a Reduced Risk of Bacterial Vaginosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

see below and note:

HC = hormonal contraceptive

POC = progesterone only contraceptive

Hormonal contraceptive use was associated with a significant reduction in the odds of prevalent BV , and in the relative risk (RR) of incident, and recurrent BV. When stratified by HC-type, combined-HC and POC were both associated with decreased prevalence of BV and risk of incident BV. In the pooled analysis of the effect of HC-use on the composite outcome of prevalent/incident/recurrent BV, HC-use was associated with a reduced risk of any BV.

HC-use was associated with a significantly reduced risk of BV. This negative association was robust and present regardless of HC-type and evident across all three BV outcome measures. When stratified by HC-type, combined-HC and POC were both individually associated with a reduction in the prevalence and incidence of BV. This meta-analysis provides compelling evidence that HC-use influences a woman’s risk of BV, with important implications for clinicians and researchers in the field.

Also, as you may very well already know: estrogen creates glycogen which is a prebiotic (food source) for Lactobacilli. When our menstrual cycle is at its lowest for estrogen (right before our period) is when many women notice odor (or after period as well because of the additional brutality from the high pH of blood decreasing the V's acidity and increasing alkalinity where then the bad bacteria can thrive). So, to combat this low estrogen I have bought some prebiotic products until I can see my OBGYN for my hormonal contraceptive.

What I do is I buy a specific type of probiotic and dip the prebiotic suppository in the probiotic powder and insert and then lay down. It's a work in progress but I also use the probiotic orally. I also use boric acid as the CDC suggests, however, I haven't found that to help much at all.

• Posted

man this sucks. I'm so sick of it. what I dont understand is there are women who eat whatever they want, dont exercise and use smell good feminine products and they have no issues. so I'm like what is different with me? I'm going to try thrive probiotics. but I make my own boric acid suppositories and it helps after sex but I wanted something less harsh. if there was something I could stick up there for a few hours and be done I would and not even try to "cure" it. I'm tired of it all.

• Posted

Yes!! I have thought that too!...like WHY ME! What's soooooo different about MY body than anyone else's. Very very frustrating! Like, I noticed I had a 6 pack of beer a few days ago and BAM next day odor came back full force. Sheesh I can't even have beer once a year! My mind is on this 24/7 and it is truly exhausting. I feel ya.

• Posted

people have been talking about the isla stick. i havent tried it personally but thinking about it!

• Posted

just posted about my experience.... I tried everything until 3 days ago when i put Hydrogen Peroxide and Tea Tree oil in my bath... first time ever having sex and it hasnt come back. crossing my fingers!! i have taken 3 baths in 3 days with this mixture... going to continue for a week and see how it goes

• Posted

how much do you put in the bath? I hope that helps you. good luck. also do you do it right after sex or before and then the next day?

• Posted

I am trying to get pregnant so I waited until the next morning and I was fine. 10 hours later and still odor free!!

• Posted

i also used a cup if not more in my baths... but ya you should make sure you dont have an allergic reaction.

• Posted

About a 1/2 cup but no more. do not get your hair wet. 10 minutes. I then rinsed off I went by skin disorders. Like I said it worked for me. Not saying for you to do it just saying how I did it. My grandson had really bad skin. I washed my hair afterwards when I rinsed off

• Posted

About a 1/2 cup but no more. do not get your hair wet. 10 minutes. I then rinsed off I went by skin disorders. Like I said it worked for me. Not saying for you to do it just saying how I did it. My grandson had really bad skin. I washed my hair afterwards when I rinsed off

• Posted

You might want to put sex on the table for right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.