I give up on life and everything else no more hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't no how to put this in a proper sentence I don't no if im sad angry depressed i just don't no what i feel or want anymore 😭 my parents got divorced when i was one and ever since then I don't see or hear from my dad my mum got remarried when i was 6 years old my step dad was always very nice person but as i got older he changed because he had kids of his own he always screams at me if he sees me sleeping or sitting down im not allowed to be doing anything else but cleaning so practically im a slave i get told off if I don't do this he will kick me out he noes i have no where to go. And I don't have a job . I honestly don't no what to do anymore do i kill my self

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey there, first of all try to calm down and think more rationally! You don't want to kill yourself because of your step dad. Instead you have to find ways to escape that place. May I ask what's your mum's place in that? Doesn't she support you? If not,it seems like your step dad is being manipulative to both of you and maybe your mom is miserable too. How old are you? You should discuss it further with your mother! Best of luck,keep us updated!

• Posted

Im 19 , no he treats my mother the same way but puts it more on me no matter what my mother does or says to him he wont change he practically hates my guts after all i do for him i cant even get a job or anything because im always home baby sitting his children not allowed to go out. always calls me inappropriate names and picks on me for smallest things just me .
    • Posted

Sumayah,

You have my total sympathy..... Family life is not always hearts and flowers for everyone. Some times our childhood, our parents or relatives can leave the deepest scars and be the hardest to heal.

Here is my advice to you.

Your mother had chosen this man. Was it a good idea? Judging by your description of family life? No. Probably not.

But your mother has chosen him. This is her choice.

One of the hardest lessons in life is to learn that we cannot change people and we cannot alter their choices, even when those choices are harmful to themselves and those they love.

Your mother will have to make her own decisions and you will have to accept them. However hard.

In life we cannot control anyone but ourselves. You can control how your life will be and where you can go from here.

What you need to put into play her is called self preservation. It means that you need to ensure that you give yourself as many options as possible.

Study hard and find yourself a job that you succeed in and enjoy. Money gives us choices.

You do not always have to live at home. With some money in your pocket you have options. You may even know a friend who is willing to rent a small place with you...you are not tied to what is happening indoors.

Now is not forever.

Look out for yourself and do what is right and beneficial to you. We can only control ourselves. Your hope is not lost

• Posted

However her mum might want to escape that place as well but she might be to scared to say. She should discuss it with her mum first of all and then I totally agree with what you said!
    • Posted

I agree with you. I assumed that as the behaviour was continuing indoors that the mother is unsure as to how to deal with it...

But you are very right. I hope that she tells her mother how hard she finds things. We can't change what we don't always know about.

• Posted

hey i really hope i'm not too late.

listen to me, i've been through this feeling before 

and i know it doesn't seem like it right now

but i promise you, everything is temporary

so this feeling youre feeling right now

it will pass, i promise you it will pass.

have you got a friend? a sibling? cousin? aunt? uncle? grandparents? anyone you can tell or stay with ?

• Posted

Look sumayah I know it is hard but you need to stand up to him it sounds like he is a bulley and I was told always stand up to bulleys there is no point trying to take your life over a bulley I am a stepfather myself but I may even give them a hard time but I think that is my depression and anxiety cause that but I love my step kids like they are my own at the end of the day he got no right to tell you what to do anymore as you are a adult you could look into getting your own place but never look to end your life live your life to the fullest I even thought about on Tuesday just gone but I don't want to be remember as a coward chin and live your life to the fullest stand to him and he will back off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.