I got an official diag after 10 yrs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Saw Endo today. Wow, i was impressed by her thoroughness. She officially gave me the diagnosis of Hashimotos and said my results were not so bad, made me feel bad with others who are suffering with higher antibodies. Im feeling tired and only imagine how they must feel. She left my meds at 75mg of Armour, told me to start exercising and eating right because she also said im prediabetic. A1c at 5.8. I have to schedule a scan as she found a small nodule but didnt seem concerned. She also told me to avoid soy, have been looking at everything in the house, 75% contains a soy product!!A big one was my coffee creamer! Also, protien bars too! I see her back in 1 month, between now and then i avoid suger and soy and exercise more. Im relived, i finally have a diagnosis.

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Words don't solve problems.. I find Endos are good talkers - what about treatment...75mcg is not a lot for full replacement - when that's right the tiredness goes. What is this Endo aiming for... something in terms of upper 25 percentile Free T4 & Free T3, and taking how well you feel into consideration; or is it going to be the more usual "just in range" TSH which usually suits no-one?
    • Posted

She wants to see if me exercising and losing weight will change my energy level, i stopped exercising for 6 months from burnout so im really out of shape, ill be retested in a month to see what my levels are, if im still tiredshe will change my meds.
  • Posted

Is Soy really an issue?

Any feedback appreciated.

• Posted

I was told that Soy inhibits thyroid function, i knew this already but wasnt sure if it was true or not. Im giving the soy up to see if it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.