I got clear mucus in stool

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing clear mucus in stool. I was having a right side abdominal pain (not so much just a little and irregular) and ı gave blood , urine tests and ultrasound it was all clear. My doctor said there is nothing to worry you age is too young for something important ( i am 20) But i keep seeing mucus in my stool not too much but there is 1 - 2 strings in it. 

Is it important ?

My doctor never mentioned me IBS , can it be IBS ?

I have no other symptoms.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to see another doctor. How dare him tell you that you are too young to worry about other health issues. He is a real winner. What does he mean by that. Could be a list of reasons why you are excreting mucus. Gallbladder, IBS, Ulcers and Gastritis should I go on. You need a second opinion. Ok. This is your health we are talking about. Good Luck.
    • Posted

I was have another doctor too. We did some tests and he says clear too. I dont have ulcers gastritis or gallbladder. He was mentioned IBS . He say that if your keep having same symptoms we will do another tests. But i dont have any other symptoms then mucus. I can see it with naked eye but there isnt so much of them. Also it s like there is more when i got constipated . So when my stool is normal there isnt much mucus at all
  • Posted

The question is, is it really mucus or just fluid or enzyme?

Example, gastric juice is a thin, clear, virtually colorless acidic fluid secreted when digesting food. 

Digestive enzymes or juices can be carried out with your stool. 

As you can see, you lab results are normal. 

I think its not a good idea to just base your overall health to 1 - 2 strings or very small amount of mucus. 

Also, our body has the capability to heal on its own if you keep yourself healthy. 

• Posted

Yeah , I think you are right. I am a very anxious person about ilnesses so i was worrying about it. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.