I guess this is it. Being optimistic.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So today I went to the doctors to have a checkup on my lymph node. Of course he feels it's just from the infection but the way I feel them it's pretty rubbery or at least I think it is? When I dig my fingers into it it feels small but the outer area feels larger? I recently just lost weight about 1-2 pounds. I have an ultra sound for my swollen lymph node. As of right now I can only feel that only one swollen lymph node. I accept this could be lymphoma and that this will be a long journey to handle.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please. You. Do. Not. Have. Lymphoma. 

I have been trying to say this for a while. If you had this cancer, than it would of have showed up on the blood test. And Lymphoma's swollen glands are usually hard and unmovable. They are also usually not painful. You sure arent being optimistic about this. I recently had 2 swollen lymph nodes, and they went away. But now, I have a swollen thyroid. My doctor is guessing it's hyperthyroidism.

Hey, let me say this again. You have no type of cancer, cause if you did it would of had showed up in your blood count. So, stop worrying and ignore. Having lymphoma is EXTREMLY rare in your case. I hope you finally feel better.

• Posted

Hello, since then my lymph node has become a little rubbery. I have began to lost weight. I did have an ultrasound today. But as of right now I think I may have it.
    • Posted

I still do have a dry cough which makes it more likely. I would've been recovered by now.
    • Posted

Rubbery lymph nodes are common. Your weight goes up and down during the day. No one weighs exactly an amount. Do you not get me when I say if you had cancer then it would show up in the blood count?
    • Posted

Blood counts doesn't always mean that there's no cancer if im correct. I've been on different forums saying they had nothing wrong with their CBC. My weight just seems to be going down each day. My dry cough is still present.
    • Posted

Blood count results usually show blood cells. Cancer cells would also be present. Im pretty sure this is another underlying condition. The more you search up your symptoms and lymphoma, the more it would scare you and think even more. And by the way lymphoma IS treatable. It's one of the most treatable types of cancer with a 92.8% survival rate for patients who were younger than 45 years old at diagnosis *with proper treatment.* Unless the cancer doesn't spread and is caught early there is proably a 99.9% you will survive. And do you think it's Hodgkin's lymphoma or Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? But why don't you just hope for the best?

*p.s. one of the most common symptoms of lymphoma is fatigue and loss of appetite. Do you have this?

• Posted

I do not know the difference between the both 2. I'm awake 24/7 no naps or anything. My appetite has been normal. Although I'm kind of overweight.
    • Posted

This type of cancer is also rare.
    • Posted

Whatever I have I'm surely accepting it. The only way to know if I have it is biopsy.
    • Posted

Are you constantly awake because of worry or just you dont know? Non-Hodgkin is more common while Hodgkin is very rare.
    • Posted

Well I able to do other things such as watch tv, able to do any activity.
    • Posted

Not yet as of today I did an ultrasound because he requested one. I'm 18 and male.
    • Posted

Isn't it the other way around as it's more common that hodgkins is most common in younger adults?
    • Posted

Well, if the results of your ultrasound comes normal, and your symptoms are still occuring, i recommend you ask your doctor for a biopsy. This could be anything you know? But im just saying, it's most likely not lymphoma, and just you know....don't stay looking up stuff online (if you are).

Good Luck.

• Posted

Well thank you for the talk, I will update you on the following weeks. I need all the luck I can get.
    • Posted

Well actually both are rare. But it's supposed to effect ages 50-60's. But im guessing it's anyone.
    • Posted

Hey so here's the results of my ultrasound, they found no reactive swollen nodes that were concerned. Told me that it was benign. I'm still losing weight but I booked another appointment just to make sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.