I had 3 surgeries 2 weeks ago and the "main" surgeon hasn't helped me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi so I had 3 surgeries at once 2 weeks ago. I had a rectal prolapse repair, a bladder prolapse repair and also a inguinal hernia repair. I got to my room at 6:30pm and at about 8:30 I had to go to the bathroom so I called the nurse. She didn't show up, I hit the button again, and again nothing so after 20 mins I couldn't hold it and well I went. she came in 30 mins later and was FURIOUS with ME. So she had to change my sheets and instead of helping me to the chair, she forced me to roll over and pull myself side to side and use my legs to push myself and my butt up. I asked for something for pain and it did nothing. The main surgeon came in after the other 2 which they both didn't want me to be discharged and wanted to get my pain managed. The main Dr wanted to send me home and he didn't care about my pain, or the fact that I threw up all night long. They kept me, but I was in so much pain and didn't get relief accept for one nurse who called the other surgeon and got me a higher dose and I was able to relax for a few hours. But I have been in pain since, and I tried to call him and he just hasn't responded. Am I supposed to be all healed and have no pain or discomfort and resume all activities?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, like you i had mine done 4 weeks ago,

also a pretty bad experience and have been left without much knowledge of what is right wrong or how i should and shouldn't be feeling,

how do you feel your recovering?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.