I had 7 clips placed with my urolift operation. Is this considered excessive

Posted , 5 users are following.

My urolift was done in May. The surgeon found a prostatic urethral calculus stone and removed it during surgery.

I looked at my medical records today and saw he did the 4 clips but added two more. 7 total clips.

Is this normal or safe. And why would they do 7.

To my knowledge I have never had a stone before.

What can I do to prevent more from forming. I am a 72 year old male with a history of urinary retention and pelvic problems from the age of 15.

I appreciate any information you can give me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

The only thing I can see is that your prostate could have been oud shape but he should have know that before hand.

I had clips put in many years ago but there have been others that have had odd numbers because of the shape

Ken

• Posted

4 plus 2 more makes 6 not 7?

Anyway maybe there was a median lobe. So 4 in prostate and 3 around median lobe/bladder neck. I had 5 with only 2 in prostate as it was not causing much obstruction.

• Posted

my mistake. There were 7 total put in.

I will ask his medical asst. Trying to get him is a joke!

• Posted

You would be better off addressing the question to your urologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.