I had a full hysterectomy 11 days ago I have been put on hrt.

Posted , 10 users are following.

My emotions are all over the place angry sad I am finding it hard to cope would I be better without taking the hurt?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had hysterectomy in january I wasn't offered hrt because im 54 but what i will say to you is hysterectomy massive trauma in your life and no matter your age emotions are all over the place 11 days is early I too was crying angry and sad your body has has a major shock take it easy mrs it will get better soon take care and speedy recovery xx

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I am 47 and have been put straight on hrt but feel dreadful not sure if it is the hrt or I would be worse without it.Going back to my doc tomorrow not sure what to ask him to do.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

I was on HRT efore my hysterectomy and went back on it post-op. It takes at least 3 weeks before you notice any difference. I actually dread the day I will have to stop taking it - as I am a wreck when I'm not on it. I have been on this long term (since 29/30) and I have had few issues with HRT - just other body parts seem to be falling apart! Hope you feel better soon - and that it works for you. One thing to note though - they are different types of HRT and it might take time to get it right!

• Posted

I had a total hysterectomy and my anxiety and emotions were like yours so the doctor gave me hrt I've notice some changes i hardly have any hot flushes or sweats and my emotions are a bit better it's only been a week i still can cry at the drop of a hat and don't want to talk to anybody some days and get sad but I want to give it a good go i had my opp 8 weeks ago and started hrt a week ago.Try it if it doesn't work go back to doctors

• Posted

Hi Ladies. I am 54 7weeks post Radical hysterectomy. I was 5years post menopause. So HRT for me is a big fat no. My main pain now is getting ride of the swelly belly. I have 3 beautiful children so I had a mummy tummy but was flat. my size post opp. 10/12. I now have a truck tyre around my middle. Please can anyone help me get ride of the swelly belly. I hate the way I look. Mandy. I was a very active outdoor lady. Pre-opp.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel I’m now 12 weeks post surgery and still on HRT and it’s been the best thing for me. I was feeling like you at 11 days . It is still early days. Stay positive, I feel like a new women now, best felt in a long time. I’m on Gel oonce a day and soya tablets & evening primrose and my flushes & sweats have completely gone. Still getting aching joints but better than they were. Hope this helps x

• Posted

I had my tvh in January but kept my ovaries. I would avoid hrt like the plague.. That is just my personal choice and have strong thoughts on putting horses urine hormone into my body.

We have been through a lot,it takes a while for our bodies to find balance.xx

• Posted

I'm wondering if you are on enough, I too was put on HRT in the hospital, as I had such a terrible reaction to lack of osteregon after losing ovaries, extreme is the way it was described, rare apparently, I was sweating, like a waterfall, got to the point I started closing down veins for drips they insisted I be on, because of the amount of sweating, solved the change of life issues with the replacement HRT.

?When somebody finally realised I might be having a change of life situation they were talking about a cut down to get to a vein.

?If I remember they had to put me on 3 x times the normal dose,  but were very careful to explain to me that they could not continue to give me that dose I would have to wean off it within the year, which I did, every month I dropped the mg dose to a lessor strength, still had a minor reaction, but no where near as bad as it had been in the hospital.

?I now take no HRT don't need it at all, have checked with Dr's and they tell me I will be OK without it, although do use pessaries for dryness down below.

• Posted

hi i am 9 weeks post op due back full time work next week i have had no hrt and although i have read about it i have had no sadness or anger all i have mainly felt is night sweats and some slight aching and sleep is not great because of the sweats since week 2 i take evening primrose , complex b6 , magnesium , cod liver oil i feel okish so they must be doing something i was very achy at first as thou i have flu but that has ceased mostly now hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi how are u feeling now.5yrs post op hysterectomy Did not want hrt. Took diff menopause remedies the only one that helped wad Tesco menopause tablets. Did not help with hot flushes at night but did during day. Got cool gel pillow for night. Still have trouble sleeping but manageable. Now taking high dose oil primrose and did liver oil feel more lively. Have prolapse issues just through redo 5 wks ago but have to remain positive. Weight only issue since hysterectomy but struggling as have not been able to exercise looking forward to increasing walks to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.