I had a knee sprain about a year ago & it healed within a month and i returned to physical activity.

Posted , 4 users are following.

but around 5 months back i again sprained my knee while walking, and after i waited for it to heal, it didn't heal so i went to the doctor and got a MRI done which said i had a grade 1 strain at MCL, and i did physiotherapy of quadriceps exercise, but my knee still hasn't healed yet.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, MRIs sometimes don't show everything and can be inconclusive. Back in my 50's, I had four knee scopes (two each side) for meniscus tears plus ripped off femoral condyle cartilages. All four MRIs showed nothing. Doc had to go in to find and fix the problem. It could be more than a "strain" or you just need more time to heal. What's the "average" recovery time for that injury? Double it and do the work. If it's still not better, you need to see the doc or another doc for a second opinion.

In the meantime, get some Voltaren Gel (RX in the US, generic diclofenac elsewhere). GREAT anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.

• Posted

A knee sprain is an injury of the ligaments, tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect the bones of the upper and lower leg at the knee joint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.