I had a large lump on the left gland for 3 days causing so much pain. Here’s how I got it to go away

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to a local med express where they confirmed it was a cyst. I went home as they told me to do and tried to let it self-heal, but the pain was intolerable. My gynecologist wasn’t in office for the next week so i took matters into my own hands. I put a wet washcloth in the microwave for 30 seconds and left it on until the washcloth began to get cold two times. I thought a hot compress would ease the pain, but instead it opened it up and let the blood, puss & water ooze out. I made sure to clean it well after wards. My pain is completely gone along with the huge lump. smile 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That doesn’t mean that the infection is gone. It’ll most likely come back. As bartholin cysts reoccur once you get them you’ll always get them
  • Posted

I got one once at 17 and then never again until 40. I just got this one to go away with hot hot hot water spraying over it with a showerhead, using an onion slice against it when i wasn't in the shower, and silicea 30c pills. One of them or all of them worked and it's slowly been draining. Almost gone. Don't think this one will be back..

I'm so glad you found relief..!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.