I had a one ? Minute lapse when I could not find or hit the brake in my car is that a tia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Was parking SLOWLY AND COULD not find find

The brake. Maybe it was 30 seconds. Was that a TIA

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I knew I had to brake bit my foot could not find. The brake

Then I hit the barriers and I think I braked

I was OK then

Totally alert

I went in and played bridge and did not

Tell anyone

Was that a TIA??

• Posted

My mom had a TIA a little while ago. Not all strokes & Tia’s give standard stroke symptoms. It depends on what side of the brain’s being impacted. When she had hers, she was making a sandwich for my niece and nephew. .. then my sweet mother that’s been a homemaker her whole life completely forgot how to make a grilled cheese. She freaked and my nephew called 911. But I will say the episode was over fairly quickly not 30 seconds but we did take her to the ER just to find out it was a TIA or micro bleed they couldn’t say for sure. But we now know she has CAA . I would definitely recommend getting checked or going to the ER next time. These can be a pre-curser for something else or nothing at all. Most definitely get the BP in check to if you haven’t already. 

• Posted

It  might have been Barbara, I know there's these Face, Arms, Speech type of symptoms for some but there can be different ones too. Was talking about this earlier with my Stroke Assoc lady, I've had 3 funny turns in 20 days, and not exactly the same as the symptoms I had during the first event 7 months ago. She advised next time call 999. Sorry I can't give a definite answer, we're all different and these events are too, One thing you should do for safety's sake is see your GP asap to check BP, bloods, cholesterol etc try to avoid a re-occurence, don't want to alarm you but it the wisest thing to do.

• Posted

I don't think a TIA resolves itself that quickly. I've had a TIA and a stroke and with the TIA I woke up in the morning and was unable to move my right arm at all and then discovered I could not speak well. So I went to the emergency room and those symptoms lasted about 3 or 4 hours and it didn't stop all at once it was a gradual thing. It was also the same way with my stroke exactly. I woke up in the morning and my symptoms were gone within a couple of hours. I would definitely go to your GP. Something like this could be caused by any number of things and not just a TIA. Narcolepsy is one, you could have had an ocular migraine which does not necessarily cause any pain, and high or low blood pressure, and medicine your taking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.