I had a Oohrectomy of left ovary and complex ovarian cyst removed and four weeks later I am still waiting for biopsy results, is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from health anxiety and went through the removal of another complex cyst five years ago which was benign but I got the results in 2 weeks as it was done privately. I am now 42 and I am very scared as I haven't heard anything. I phoned the doctors yesterday to ask if they had recieved them as I hoped if it was normal they may not have bothered ringing but the receptionist frightened me by saying that sometimes they have to check them again if they are borderline. I am really hoping there is just a backlog. Has anyone had good results after this time?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you already had the cyst removed? X
  • Posted

Yes, the ovary and cyst were removed at the same time. The consultant said they looked ok but would let me know by letter and it would take up to six weeks but is usually a lot sooner, say 2-3 weeks. I am still in a lot of pain as well and feel very tired. The operation to remove the cyst and ovary was on the 10th March.

Thanks for looking, have you had this done? X

• Posted

Aw okay. Yeah i had quite a bit of pain for a while with mine and i too had the cyst and my ovary and tube removed. They told me on my 6 weeks check up thay mine was benign but mine was a certain type of cyst that is not usually cancerous. Its not nice having to wait around for results and i dont think the receptionist should of worried you like that. If you have any concerns get in touch with your gp and they should be able to chase things up for you x
  • Posted

Thank you, that is helpful as hopefully no news is good news. I will make an appointment with my doctor to see if she can chase it. I don't have a follow up appointment just the promise of a letter. x

• Posted

I believe no news is good news aswell. I hope they hurry it along and im sure there is nothing to worry about smile take care x
  • Posted

Thank you, you have really calmed me down. x
  • Posted

Its not a problem smile ever need anything just message smile x
  • Posted

Did anyone have stomach problems after their cyst came out? I need to go anout 5 times a day and my tummy always feels funny all day like I need to go x
  • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with a Right Ovarian cyst last month, they told me nothing other than that and to have a follow up ultrasound in a month and hope it gets smaller on its own. I had my 2nd ultras sound yesterday and just got the call today. But, this time I knew what to ask thanks to this forum!! I ha e had severe health anxiety lately and this not knowing wasn't helping. I found out that its a Complex Ovarian Cyst on the Right Ovary. At the last ultrasound it was 4.2cm and this one it was 2.6cm. So it has gotten smaller on its own. The dr wants to just repeat the ultrasound in 3 months again. What do you think?? Is this normal procedure? I mean its good it shrank so much right?! I still asked and set up to see him next Wednesday because it does cause some pain, but, mainly just to talk to him about it because I've only talked to the nurse. Like I said my health anxiety has been HORRIBLE lately!! Any input or reassurance would be appreciated smile Oh, I'm a 29yr old mother of 3, ages 14, 12 and 6

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.