I had a parotid mass tumor removed from under my left ear. Now have tinnitus.Any connection?

Posted , 2 users are following.

A while back I had a parotid mass tumor removed from below my left ear. Soon after I got tinnitus in that ear. Is there any connection?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also had radiotherapy 12 months ago for a similar tumour removal and also have had a

problem with my left ear. My problem is a sort of irritation and strange feeling as if a wind is blowing into my ear. I can't say it is at all painful just strange.I mentioned this to the Consultant Radiologist when she discharged me, but although she said she had not heard of such a thing before, she just ignored it. On my follow-up with the Haematologist I mentioned it again but again it didn't seem to register with her as anything to bother anyone. So, perhaps in time things will settle down but I am hoping to see my local nurse and just ask her to confirm there isn't any wax that needs attention.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Sounds like the medical field doesn't have all the answers. Good luck to you.

Rick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.