I had a resection arthroplasty of the 4th and 5th metatarsals with tendon replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I went in this morning and had a resection arthroplasty done on my 4th and 5th metatarsal joints. The dr then replaced the bone he removed with a tendon of mine. This is my 4th surgery on this same area in less than 2yrs . The other surgeries were 2 bone fusions and a staple removal. After those failed to help my severe pain and the dr i used at that time began to not care I finally made the decision to find a new dr. And i am so glad i did. Although we have no idea of the out come from this last surgery, i feel pretty confident in his skills. i have a very long and painful road to recovery he says. if anyone has had this type of surgery by chance i would love to hear your outcome. thanks in advance for reading ☺

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

good luck with recovery. was this NHS? What was wrong with the fourth and fifth metatarsals originally that you needed fusion?

• Posted

i had arthritis in them along with a hairline fracture in the 5th that wouldnt heal but the arthritis was the main issue. it was causing the bones to rub together constantly. my new dr said the fusion should have never been done in the first place on that area of the foot. what is NHS?

• Posted

I just had my big toe fused, can't imagine how you feel with the mid foot. do you have any problems putting on footwear? I can not get even a wide runner with laces pulled out as far as it could to open it wider. My big toe reels pain trying to get it on.

this is after 3 months recovery???

Can you or anyone help?

Thanks, Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.