I had a retinal laser surgery onto my right eye 3 days ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a retinal laser surgery onto my right eye 3 days ago, the day after the operation I start seeing a large black spot on the centre of my vision which prevent me from seeing clearly and makes things look wavy and dark.

Has anyone had the same experience 

Thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good idea to contact whoever did the surgery.
  • Posted

i had retinal laser surgery months ago and didn't see anything different before or after.  Like diannesk suggested, I would also contact the one that did your surgery.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi asem979: My sister had the same problem when she went to the doctor he said

she needed laser surgery and I ask him what is the side effect of laser surgery he said she might see a black spot or a half circle and some time will be a full circle then she might not be able to see at all with that eye. so I said what

good will do to have the laser surgery if she end up not be able to see with her eye. so I said to my sister to forget about it. we live in Canada and her doctor said she will be better to have an Injections every month than laser surgery. my sister has fluid build up at the back of her eye and for 2 years she is getting injections and the fluid still there they can get rid of the fluid they do not know where they are coming from with all the test no luck yet? and I can not find a good doctor to be able to get rid of the fluid. If you did let me know ahead of time I could advice you not to do laser surgery they do not recommended now a days. good luck and keep me posted. 

• Posted

Thank you, I did it for both eyes the left eye is great now. But the right one still. The black circle is getting smaller by the time as my vision is improving.

I did mine in Australia and a good friend of mine is a doctor and had advised me to do the laser

I wish your sister all the best

• Posted

What did you have the surgery to repair? A tear or vascular issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.