I had a subtalar and talo navicular fusion 15 months AGO..Still hurting!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Acquired flatfoot disorder. Underwent subtalar and talonavavicular fusion with one long screw from the heal and two smaller screws from the front back. One of the two talonavicular screws broke 4 months post fusion but my symptoms are on the outside of my ankle.

The swelling lasted about 10 months post surgery but no longer. However, I developed a neuropathy running down the side of my calf to the top of my foot. Some sensitivity to fabric but not significant. That by itself is bad and waxes and wanes.

However, my bigger problem is the outside ankle pain. I walk with an altered gait and the pain increases as the day goes on. It really wears on me and I am still hoping for a solution. I am currently in my second run at physical therapy but it is not solving the problem. The pain when walking feels like a shard of glass on the outside of the ankle on transfer of weight.

I'd love to hear any suggestions!

Cheers,

Ken

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.