I had an ultrasound, and was diagnosed with a prostate size of 23cc. i am in my 20s now(21).

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it a emergency situation ? Should i be worried ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms? Any other tests? MRI, cat scan, cystoscope? Urodynamics testing?
    • Posted

Sometimes lower back discomfort only on the left side & discomfort after peeing . No other tests

• Posted

If you passed a stone, it won't show. But you will still feel it. Even small ones. Been there.

• Posted

Usually you have no clue unless they move. Small ones you may ignore just thinking you have a sore back or some such. The bigger ones hurt bad. It's a pain that seems to keep changing from a back ache to a stomach ache. It starts off very mild. You may even ignore it at first. The pains will gradually get more intense as the stone moves threw your plumbing. Usually the whole thing can last 4-6 hours. It can get real painful. I had one get stuck. Lasted 14 hours. Went to the hospital. Told them I think it moved during the ride in. They had me pee in a urnal for collection. They strain it to look for the stone. A new male nurse came in took a specimen, dumped the rest out. I flipped. Told him they wanted to strain that to find the stone. Cat scan was clear. I passed it. Specimen was clear. He dumped it. I was heated. They try to catch them to see what there made of. Then they can tell what's causing them to form.

• Posted

Surely you're joking!    That's a  normal size prostate.  Wouldn't whoever performed the ultrasound tell you that, unless you performed it, yourself?  And a Web search would tell you that instantly.  Why are you asking this question?

• Posted

Do you have any problems going to the bathroom.  Why at 21 do you even know your prostate size???????   Ken
  • Posted

No worries my friend!  I am 68 years old, several years ago, I was diagnosed with a prostate, that was 141 grams in size!  I went in for a TURP, and so now it's around 100 grams...still a whopper!!!

• Posted

I'll trade you my prostate for yours. I got a trophy size one. cheesygrin 

All kidding aside unless you have pain or urinary  issues your prostate is just about the right size. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.