I had bunion surgery on June 17thave, 4 days ago.

Posted , 9 users are following.

The surgery went well, my doctor is the best! It's been 4 days now and Im doing everything I am.supposed to do. Keeping my foot elevated, iced and taking my meds for pain and IB for swelling. I still am in pain, I get sharp pains to numbness, pain like someone is squeezing my foot. I have a boot on since I came out of surgery and they sent me home with crutches. I only get up to go to the bathroom and grab something out of the frig. Which all is on the floor I'm on. I go to the doctors Thursday to get my bandage changed. I have a pin and a screw in my foot. Doctor said I would keep screw but pin will dissolve.

Did anyone else have pain like this after 4 days of surgery?

Thanks.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you have pain. I am due tohave a big toe fusion op on 31 aug and am scared stiff. I read thing on here and so dread the day, but I know ow my foot isn't getting any better so need to do it. Hope you feel better soon.

Jan

• Posted

Yes yes and yes!! This will hurt properly for a couple of weeks then it should start to ease. Don't worry. So what your doing and it will be ok x
  • Posted

hi all had a little bit of pain today 2nd day tho i have done a bit of walking and house work,i feelbeing on the go a bit may help.my aim is to go back to work in 4 weeks 
    • Posted

My doctor said not to do anything but baby my foot. He said the more you do will just make it swell and it will take longer to heal... I hope you are able to go back in 4 weeks. This days makes a week and I'm still having little pain. Shooting pains. He now wants me to start moving my toes so they aren't stiff. I go Thursday to get stitches out. He said he would let me know what I can do week to week...

• Posted

I had mine on June 3rd, and still feel pain. I will say I got my stitches out yestersay, and feel a big difference in pain. Hang in there,and don't stress it. Good luck
    • Posted

I'm glad your feeling a little better since they came out. I always have pain and sharp pain where the stitches are. Ugh I can't wait till Thursday to get them out. I don't know about you but I wear this boot all the time even to bed it's driving me crazy. I just take it off to shower then right back on. I boot is just so heavy...

• Posted

I had to wear my boot for 3 weeks for 24 hrs a day. Next 3 weeks I didn't have to sleep with it. At 6 week I was suppose to wear my normal shoes but my foot was still swellen. The doctor gave me a tight sock to wear with aces bandage and had to wear my boot for another 3 weeks. At 8 weeks I seem to walk better but I tend to walk on my heel. Next decide to try and put my tennis shoes. Seem fine but I think I was on my feet to much. My foot was so swellen when I took my shoes off. Now my PT gave me exercise and for the swelling to put my foot in a bucket with ice and water for 20 minutes. I was told maybe 3 to 4 months before my swelling goes down. I feel very little pain I am doing more walking . Looking forward to stop wearing my boot. Next appt 1 week.

• Posted

Still in the boot unfortunately!! He said He may let me try walking next week, but Still with the boot, it's very heavy and annoying. I still have pain, but definitely not as much. Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hello, I'm 17 and had the scarf and akin surgery on Thursday 23Rd June. I haven't been wearing my shoe as I am not able to lift my foot up to walk on my heel...is this normal? It isn't that painful anymore, just muscle spasms but I know that's normal!

I haven't been told to put ice on, what do you mean? smile

• Posted

Hi, I got a boot not a shoe. I feel like alot of people say they got a shoe, not sure if they mean boot or shoe? I just started heel walking but doctor said do it in my boot and with crutches. I was told to wear my boot 24/7 even to bed. I do as the doctor.says cause he says long term.if I don't do these things I will regret.in the end with the healing. Also with heal.walking he told me to do that this past Thursday and that was a week post op. I think it's to early for you it's only been 4 days. That's probably why you can't lift your leg. It's early yet. I had pain till the 5the day. My 6th day it started being less pain. Now still get it just different pain.

Your Doctor didn't tell you to keep ice.on it 20 mins. off 20 mins.? Also, elevate all the time for the first 2 weeks. I get my stitches out Thursday and he said that he hopes to take the crutches away. Ugh I dont if im ready for that. lol

Have your doing ok today...

• Posted

Really, not me.I have a boot which is heavy and I can't wait to take it off for good... lol So is your shoe soft?

• Posted

I only wear mine when I have to heel walk around. Otherwise I just take it off. I can't ice my foot with it on. I really don't like it much. ??

• Posted

Oh ok .... I ice mine while it's on. I just open the top of the boot and put ice on my ankle....

Is your shoe soft or hard?

• Posted

Hello, thank you for the advice smile

I have been given a shoe with 2 Velcro straps... The bottom is hard and does not bend smile

I have my first post-partum appointment tomorrow so hopefully my questions will be answered!

• Posted

hi m8 good luck its a week yesterday i had my op,been able to get round slow in not alot pain,had dressing removed yesterday very happy stiches ok i go back next weds to have stiches removed,my aim is to go back t work in 3 weeks time,i gave myself a month of to get better.
    • Posted

Soft top shoe and Velcro strap and semi soft bottom. Like a full flop but a bit thicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.