I had cataract operation and after that I had fluid bild up at the back of my eye how can I get rid

Posted , 2 users are following.

After I had cateract surgery I had fluid build up from the back of my eye, How can I getrid of my fluid and the sowllow of my eye? I need some help?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Both hubby and I had issues after one of our cataract surgeries...his was a flap repair, mine was an infection that itched like crazy but with ointment etc soon was well.  What does your opthamologist say about the fluid at the back of your eye.  Rely on the professionals for advice.  Very important.
    • Posted

Hi jayceevee40: thanks for your advice we do not have other options but to rely on our opthamologist for advice but some times they do not give us a good advice they only want us to brush us off from there office as fast as posible because they are always bussy, the patients are only numbers to them they do not care too much about patients now a days.
  • Posted

I have fluid build-up but it has been diagnosed as Macular Oedema. This requires treatment. I am using both steroid and non-steroid drops as the condition has got worse. It causes blurring. Is your vision blurred? What does the hospital say about your condition?
    • Posted

Hi theresa86992

I had also Macular Oedema my doctor started with Lucetic Injections but did not work for me,then she give me other Injections of Eylea, then she said its not working very well I have to give you stronger medications called Ozurdex which is steroid and now she said I have to go back and used Eylea in order to work better because Ozurdex is very strong I can used it every 4 months only because it has side effect. so she started on Eylea again I have to go back on feb. 22 to get another Injection.

But my vision is not blurred so far.

Are you using drops or injections for your eyes? Please keep-intouch and I will let you know about my problem?

• Posted

Hi i am using drops. Given  Maxidex [corticosteroid] after op. and an anti-biotic.Given another bottle of Maxidex after visit to Emergency eye clinic. I queried this but got no answer. Saw Consultant a week later and oedema had got worse. Given Acular [non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drug] 6 drops per day to use as well as Maxidex. See Consultant again on Tuesday.

Where do you live and when was your operation? 

My vision is still blurred and may never return to normal if tje research i have done is correct. Here`s hoping!

• Posted

Hi theresa86992: I live in toronto, Canada and the operation was in november last year. the cataract operation was OK. he said but the fluid is still there and that is why he is using Injections to get rid off the fluid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.