I had chronic sinusitis for about 3 mounth now. It star...

Posted , 23 users are following.

I had chronic sinusitis for about 3 mounth now. It started with severe pain behind the eyes and exterimly dry eyes. I also had swollen eye lids. After a month of puting up with that, I was put on amoxcicilan. That didn't work. The next antibiotic was biaxan. No luck with that. Now i have pain in the ears, in the forehead, and pain above the eye - not to mention the sinus headaches. Now I am developing severe depression because of it. Has anyone else felt like this? What do you think?

[i:80ff57f0af]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:80ff57f0af]

1 like, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Try doxycycline it's the only

Thing that ever worked for my son like a month supply .amox Bactrim leviquin did nothing also took 2 aleves twice a day helped with the headaches. Take all with food .make sure your not vit d defiec slow down on dairy

• Posted

Try azithromycin 250mg 5 days on 5 days off 5 days back on again it's the only thing that worked for my 15 year

Old son

• Posted

Yes, Azithromycin (zithromax) is a very good antibiotic for getting rid of sinusitis. It's what always works for me too.
  • Posted

I have the same thing, How are you? ??
  • Posted

Hi,

I believe I may have chronic sinusitus. 

For me I feel this very terrible sensation across my face/eyes. I never can figure out how exactly to describe it so others will understand - the closest I can come up with is a feeling of "pressure".

But along with that I just feel absolutely miserable! I just want to go hide in my bed and do nothing. Which is terrible because I would like to be physically active - it makes excercise or any activity well - miserable!

I would like to pass along a tip for you all to consider. Is it possible that your sinusitis is being caused by anxiety, stress, or tension? I have read that these can trigger inflamation in the sinuses and lead to sinusitus. This may explain why antibiotics do not work. Also, why cutting out "allergy foods" also does not work.

After learning about this possibility, I realized that I do infact hold a lot of tension in my head/face. Now - to figure out how to get rid of that and hopefully find some relief!

Best to all of you!

• Posted

Hi my sons trying the primrose. Tablets someone recommended he's also on levaquin750

For about 2 more weeks then I think the dr will send us to get that balloon in your cheeks to expand your sinuses . Severe headaches .

Maybe stress has a lot to do with it school tryout out for sports the weather here has been crazy 50 f for a few days inches of rain then 15 f and 16 inches of snow imo than can't be good .barametric pressure . I don't know what else to do for him .i hate to see

Him suffer so .how r u feeling

• Posted

I agree whole-heartedly. I think that stress /anxiety can cause inflammation. Then, it becomes a cycle of pain, which causes more stress, which causes more inflammation.
    • Posted

I have heard that also but it is hard not to be stressed when your quality of life suffers so much because of this issue
    • Posted

I agree! It's just a vicious of cycle of feeling sick, and being stressed because you are now sick. Then, you have other stressors on top of it all. Lucky are those who never suffer with sinus problems. I know that everyone has issues, but this really takes over your life. 

• Posted

And like intell many that people have no idea until you actually go through it
    • Posted

Have you found any relief lulu?  I feel I have tried almost everything as well, sinus surgery, septoplasty,  c pap machine, allergy drops under the tongue, acupuncture, and nothing as helped. 
  • Posted

I used to stick my finger in my nose until I scratched it. It became swollen but I couldn't keep my finger out, assuming it wouldn't be a problem.

Now I've realised the swelling won't go away and has been swollen for the past year. I wake up every morning with mucus and as soon as I clear it, it swells.

I don't know if I have sinusitus or swollen turbinates. My sinsuses are blocked and my nose is visibly swollen. I think I can feel a swollen turbinate inside but I haven't put my finger in, in a long time and I'm not going to.

I've tried a steroid spray and naseptin which didn't help. Now I'm on day 1 of augmentin. It's really just desperation that I got my GP to prescribe an oral antiobiotic, thinking that it must be bacteria/infection.

The only relief I find, stranegly, is when I take a benzodiazepine. The swelling goes down which I can't explain and my problems go away temporarily.

It's like the universe is trying to tell me something. I can't take it.

• Posted

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is feeling well.  I thought I should pass on something that has worked for me in the hopes that it might work for some of you.  I suffer from chronic sinusitis.  So much so that I had surgery to correct a deviated septum several months back only to get another infection a couple of months later.  So, I decided to try something that a friend recommended to me.  She suffers from sinisitus as well and her ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor recommended that she use Neosporin. 

Yes, you read that correctly, Neosporin (or a similar antibiotic ointment).  She was instructed to put a small amount on a cotton swab and apply it to the inside of one nostril and then use her netti pot to rinse it through the sinuses.  And, of course, repeat the procedure in the other nostril. 

I know it sounds strange but I began using that procedure 5 days ago and I've noticed a BIG improvement.  I also started using an all natural product called Sinusoothe which seems to be helping as well.  For the past five days I've been using Sudafed to open my sinuses up in the morning, Neosporin and my netti pot, and then a dose of Sinusoothe before I leave for work.

I can't say for certain if it's the Neosporin, Sinusoothe, or both, or maybe just a coincendence.  What I can tell you is that before I started this routine, I was completely miserable and now I feel as though the infection is nearly gone.  I hope you find this information useful.

• Posted

Its not unusual to develop depression if you have this I know I was depressed because of it. But it will make you a stronger person. I used a nose spray with turmeric and frankincense and cinamon in it and it completely cured me. Don't give up hope!!!!!

• Posted

Where did you get the spray? I've been trying inhaling tumeric with steam but if hasn't helped

• Posted

Hi Trevor, can you tell me where you got the nasal spay with the cinnamon? I will try anything. Jeannie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.