I had chronic sinusitis for about 3 mounth now. It star...

Posted , 23 users are following.

I had chronic sinusitis for about 3 mounth now. It started with severe pain behind the eyes and exterimly dry eyes. I also had swollen eye lids. After a month of puting up with that, I was put on amoxcicilan. That didn't work. The next antibiotic was biaxan. No luck with that. Now i have pain in the ears, in the forehead, and pain above the eye - not to mention the sinus headaches. Now I am developing severe depression because of it. Has anyone else felt like this? What do you think?

[i:80ff57f0af]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:80ff57f0af]

1 like, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Guest, I read your story. Yes this is the systems of sinues, Congestion, pain in outside and inside of Nose. Affects your teeth with pain. I always feel like my breath smells from the pain from my Nose. I have so much congestion in my head. I go to surgery on my nose to relieve my deviated septum and being able to breath better. I just want to know why my right side of my face is aching. It feels like it's from the blocked sinues. Let me know if you seen ent doctor? Or a Nurologist? Hope you have Free days with no pain. Jeannie

• Posted

Hmm, I've had something similar, but not quite the same as I was able to keep mine from becoming cronic. ATM I just have "Non-alergic Rhinitis". I use fluticasone to reduce swelling when I don't have an infection (I think it makes infections worse) and a hand held machine that pumps a saline nasal rinse for when the infections come back (helps the nose heal and clears it out). High doses of vitamine c (6,000 mg morning&night) help a lot to slow down infections long enough for my immune system to take out the bacteria. I found a new saline nasal spray w/ aloe vera that seems to help, it has similar affects to a sinus rinse without the mess. I also use anti-histamines during alergy season.

I have only taken anti-bacterial medicine for my sinusitus once, when I first got it. I'm not a fan of such medicine, so I tried these other methods during the multitudes of times I've gotten it since. The key is to keep those nose cleared really. If you can drain the nose, you drain out most the bacteria. These should work if you don't have immune system issues, a nose so clogged it can't be cleared or diabetes (even without, if you consume too much sugar it can still make infections much worse). Just dont use Zinc nose sprays, the risk of losing your sense of smell isn't worth it imo.

Sorry if you have tried all this, but I figured it was worth mentioning. smile

• Posted

Finally people who are going through what I'm going through.

I've had chronic sinusitis sinusitis for 2 and a half years now.Several courses of antibiotics have not helped. Sprays haven't helped. Steam breathing doesn't work. Let's face it. I've done it all to death.

I'm so tired. Physically and mentally.

The worst part I have to say is the stench in my nose. It's gotten so bad and makes me want to vomit. Now my left eye and nose has swollen so it looks like I've been punched in the face.

Sinusitis has gotten me down SO MUCH. Cry almost daily over it. Over the last 2 and a half years I haven't had a single day where I haven't a day off from the symptoms. Except for the rare days I can actually smell a "normal" smell. Like yummy food. (Oh how I miss aromas like a normal person)

I wish people could understand how bad this can be for a person. sad

• Posted

It would be pretty awesome to breathe properly again. sad

• Posted

Are you under the care of an ear, nose, and throat doctor? 
    • Posted

I haven't been referred by my GP. Even after all this time. I have to admit. The swelling under my eye is worrying me a lot today. I've also had severe stabbing pains sporadically in my left eye for a few months now. (I should stay away from Google today. Everything is telling me it's gotten to a pretty dangerous level)

• Posted

Get a dyed cat scan of whole head and. Sinus areas we found a ent that did turning plasty and maxillary Antrostomy .it solved the three years of hell my son went threw.sprays steamers antibiotics nothing worked .everyone thought he was crazy .he got his life back .
    • Posted

Turbino plasty sorry hate auto correct
    • Posted

If you have the option, you should see an ENT doctor. They can use a scope in the office to look at your sinuses and order a CT scan if necessary. Allergies are often the cause of sinus problems. You might need allergy testing as well. 
    • Posted

I sufferer badly and daily u should get a CT scan so they can give u a definitive answer in regards to sinusitis. People do feel ur pain this whole forum is full with people who r struggling with this ailment. My allergist seems to think allergies r the cause for my symptoms. Some times it is hard to believe allergies r doing this especially on days when I feel so bad. I am taking allergy shots which were suggested by both my allergist and ENT, what I am told the shots can take three to five years before I see results. So for now it is constant battle not know how I will feel from day to day
    • Posted

Turbinate reduction (also known as turbinoplasty or turbinectomy) is a surgical procedure that reduces the overall size of the turbinates allowing for airflow which results in symptommatic relief of nasal obstruction and congestion. A turbinate is a long, narrow, curled shelf of bone that protrudes into the breathing passage of the nose. They basically grind down the bone. I had it done in the office, while awake. Not fun. Also didn't help a lot.

• Posted

Okay I thought so, my first ENT suggested that surgery but could not give me a fifty shot that it would work. I know every one is different so I have heard both negative and positive things about this particular procedure. At this time I have stayed away from said procedure. I am on ENT number 4, lol and he has not mentioned surgery.
    • Posted

I am having surgery tomorrow. Fixing my deviated septum and my terminates are constantly inflamed. Hopefully I can Breath better. After surgery. Heard different stories but have to this to help my health. So sick all the time with pain.affected my head and eyes and teeth. Just pray to God this works for me. He the ent does this all the time.

• Posted

Good luck with your surgury make sure u irrigate as much as possible after the surgury it really helped my son . He is completely healed .years of headaches ,pain teeth head eyes pressure is finally over .i hope this helps u keep us posted
    • Posted

i hear you, i also have the turbinate issues. please let me know how it works for, heres to hoping it does. good luck
    • Posted

How r u feeling after your surgury
    • Posted

Please go for cupping therapy. .it is very beneficial and it will cure you definitely. .take at least  4 session .thank uh ..more details. Whtsapp. 7018660891
    • Posted

Please go for cupping therapy. .it is very beneficial and it will cure you definitely. .take at least  4 session .thank uh ..more details. Whtsapp. 7018660891
    • Posted

I have done cupping along with accunpuncture  and at this time no consistent relief 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.