I had Fibula fracture. Dr gave Ankle binder and asked to take rest since it was a silent fracture.

Posted , 3 users are following.

When x-ray was taken after 6 weeks. There is no improvement in the X-ray. In fact fracture has increased. Clinically I am good . No pain or swelling. Then why no improvement in X-ray?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My fibula fracture was slow to heal, zero improvement in 6 weeks. What did the doctor say about it appearing worse? Were you non weight bearing the whole six weeks and not walking if told not to? I had surgery, but my fracture was only 90% healed about 4 weeks ago and I'm at about 20 weeks - slow for me.

• Posted

I followed my Doctor's instructions. Did not put weight on it. Took all vitamin supplements. But still not healed

• Posted

Well even my doc admitted that xrays can be a bit sketchy interpreting at times, but I'm not understanding the getting worse part. Like I said, in my case I was very slow to heal. My doc said I was on the very high end of average, and for sure at 6 weeks I was nowhere near healed. It was very frustrating waiting to see progress on the xrays, but I finally did. Do you smoke? I do, bad habit, he said that can contribute to slow healing. Are you taking ibuprofen? Another thing that can slow you down if it's used lots. If you just google the bone healing process, time frame, it says 6-12 weeks. I'm still wondering how the doc arrived at worse now than the initial break. 

• Posted

How do you know that your fracture has increased or gotten worse? Did your doctor actually tell you that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.