i had headaches when having orgasms, i went to see my GP...

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had headaches when having orgasms, i went to see my GP and was given Amitrityline to relax me before going to bed and sumatriptan for the headache. the Amitrityline made me to drowsy so i did some recearch and found that the headaches can be caused when there is a problem with the neck. i went to see a chartered physio who found that i have imflamation at the first two vertibrae T1 and T2. after the first treatment i felt better, now after the second treatment no more headaches T1 and T2 are associated with headaches. so i would suggest goping to see a chartered Physiotherapist to check if there is aneck problem i am a 52years old female headache free

[i:202edd0beb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:202edd0beb]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm a chiropractor working in the UK. I have been treating somebody with this complaint for about three years. (DON'T PANIC! He's only been in three times in those three years.) I found that he had some restrictions in his neck movement - about C3 or C4 as I recall. One treatment usually works for him. So it sounds that manipulation might be able to help.
  • Posted

I have just read your message. Tonight is the first time that I have been able to find a name for my migraine. This first happened to me about 12 years ago. I am 47 now. The Dr I went to see refered me for a brain scan and had not hear of my symptoms. She looked it up and found out that it used to be common in footballers, I was given no treatment and the scan showed no abnormalities in my brain. I have since had it a few times in the past 12 years and have mentioned it to another Dr who suggested I take pain killers before intercourse. I am pleased to read about the back as this is something I will look into if it comes back.
  • Posted

Sorry about my mention of back, it should have read neck. I am tired and have just got carried away with the information I have found.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.