I had my 2nd band fill today I haven't lost any weight for 2 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had my 2nd band fill today, I now have 5 1/4 mls. I'm hoping I might start losing now as I have stood still for two months. Can anyone tell me  how many mls it usually takes in your band before you start losing weight? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty - ive had 1 fill so far and got 4mil in - I think it can take 3 or 4 or even more before you get to your sweet spot - just depends on the person.  I think they start adding more slowly now as it can happen anytime.  I thin we just have to keep on the 20/20/20 witg 20 chews wait 20 seconds and stop eating after 20 mins - oh and taking mouthfuls no bigger than a 20p piece.  Alsway waiting 20 mins after eating till you drink.  So I think this time is to get us used to eating more slowly etc as when we do get restriction you will know! Hopefully it wont be too long as I know as I can still eat everything it is still willpower at the moment x  
  • Posted

Hi and thank you for your reply. I think I'm just finding it frustratingly slow lol.. I will just keep plodding along. On the plus side I haven't put any weight on which is always good.
    • Posted

it is hard - i was away for the weekend in London last week and put 2 lbs on its nearly back off but I know hubby wants to go out for a meal tonight. so i will prob stay the same for this week x I agree it is frustrating x 
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty, I didnt lose much in my first few months either but remember your body goes into total shock and has previously been used to having 2000 - 2700 calaries a day and now you go right down to 500 - 800 calaries a day in your first few months, so now it stores as it thinks it isnt going to get anymore food. In time it will start to burn your stored fat and then you will start to smile from ear to ear as you watch it drop off. On another note of such low calarie intake, if I can offer some advise (through personal experience) I wish I had started to take liquid multi-vitimins sooner, this now helps me get through the day as you start to feel week some days and I started to crave sweet things to build up my energy. I have no found an amazing tasting liquid multi-vitimin and I seriously feel much better and have stopped craving sweet things and all the bad things I used to eat that put my weight on in the first place smile
  • Posted

Bandy can I ask which multi pvitamins you are taking thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Judy, yes sure it is: Natures Plus - Source Of Life Gold liquid Ultimate Multi-Vitamin Delicious Tropical Fruit Flavor - 30 oz 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.