I had my bunion op 2 weeks ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I am new to this but needed some advice please .

I had my bunion op 2 weeks ago and although the pain has now settled I am suffering with my foot being sooooo itchy .

I am due to have my stitches removed tomorrow so I'm hoping it will help .

I also wanted to ask if anyone else had no bandage after leaving the hospital as I only had strips of plaster on my foot ?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

from what ive read on this site people go home with different things all the time. i had a soft cast adn now a boot until 6week mark but there is more than one way to do it.now i am in a boot and a compression sock that is all.if its itching its probably because of the incison healing.it needs to scab over.i wouldnt be worried.itiching is a lot better than burning or pain lol hang in there! what kind of stitches do you have? i had dissolvable and they were SO much easier to have removed than i thought it is fast and not bad if you have a good dr
  • Posted

Well all went well had my stitches out which wasn't to painful .

I was so scared I case the doctor moved my toes, however when I asked him if he was going to move them he said no you are !!

anyways I wiggled them wiggled them and to my surprise it wasn't to painful.

He has asked me to make an appointment at the physiotherapist asap as I need to start moving it more to avoid any future complications .

He also advised me to just use one crutch as I can start putting my weight on it a little more each day I was a little surprised as from what I've read on you shouldn't really weigh bare for at least 4 weeks I am coming up to my third week on Thursday ?

• Posted

Hi Susan, Glad to hear all went well with your stitch removal. Sounds as though your progressing really well especially if you can begin to weight bear. Everybody's recovery is different and so is the surgery so be guided by your doctor. Don,t be afraid to wiggle your toes nothing will break and it's really important to do the exercises to get your mobility back.

Here,s to happy bunion free feet.😀😀😀😀😀xx

• Posted

Thanks Carole Marie

Lets hope its worth all the pain 😊😊😊😊

• Posted

All doctors are different, what was the name of your surgery? if it was the scarf, you can start weight bearing after 2 weeks, most Lapidus its 6 weeks but some doctors require less, glad you are starting PT because it helps alot, good luck xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.