I had my first TIA 3 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

Whilst the hospital on the day were great and I would not knock them for that, I have since had a vascular scan and the heart monitor for 72 hours. Since then nothing, it is nerve racking for me and my family. Were can I find help to sort out my diet plan or get one written for me?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I heart healthy diet is a good idea ....maybe you can find a good nutritionist...and also 30 min of cardio a day is good...and a aspirin a day ...do you know what caused it? Or are they still investigating?
    • Posted

Still no answer about cause, results taking their time
    • Posted

Hello. Good advice from Amanda. I also have half of lime squeezed in a little warm water first hing in the morning. That helps with high blood pressure. Also cut back on salt. 

​If you can put a slice of cucumber fresh parsley and a slice of lemon in a jug of water and have all day. Little natural like this helps. And keep asking the doctor - these days you have to persevere if you want help.

And a daily dose of prayer - works for me

All the very best. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that ...tias are tricky that way...but be your own advocate. The only thing you can do about a tia is find the source of what caused it ....so check heart ,blood ,arteries brain and keeo going until you get answers ...in the mean time an aspirin will do great help 😊 i know all this because I am at the end of my investigation.....and it ended up being a migraine from too much caffine 😊

• Posted

Thanks you Amanda and Mary I will start to work at this a bit more myself
  • Posted

Hi Ryd1978 if your vascular scan was ultra sound I think you can take some reassurance that if they let you leave after having it done then it would appear alls good there. I don't know if your in the UK but my finding here is that after leaving hospital after stroke care isn't great and all you really get is the usual preventive medication.

• Posted

I had my TIA in 2015. I take a low dose aspirin every morning. They are easy to find.

• Posted

Somebody please let me know is it even safe to consume am aspirin daily as it is predcribed for the rest of the life. I have read about how it can vause stomach bleeding or brain haemmorhage.. please somebody tell me.. are all TIA paitents taking daily aspiring? It doesnt have any lpng term bad effects
  • Posted

It's not considered a benign drug by any means ....however it has it's benifits and is necessary for some people .Did your dr suggest that you take it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.