i had my gallbladder removed 2yrs ago and im still violently ill

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've researched and changed my diet to fit what the e net claims to help us with, and I'm still sick with flu like symptoms.. ESP when I do slip and eat something I guess I shouldn't. But it's confusing as sometimes I can eat certain foods and I'm OK and other times I'm having these firey aches and nausea and it ruins my function level. I spend my life on my couch and I'm given a wonderful 1-2 days every week or 2where I actually feel normal!! This started once my gallstones started acting up and my Dr said I could eat anything I wanted and I'd feel good again, I spent a year sick before surgery and now 2 more since surgery and I'm so tired. I've gained a lot of weight and when I'm not to sick to where I can actually make myself do a little just to be active, it's not long before I have to stop so I feel I'm in such a bad place. My drs don't help, I got one to put me on a med called Creon.. So far I've taken one dose and I've had a migraine and nausea and I just don't feel good.. But it's different t than the sick feeling I normally have.. I'll give it time but if it don't work idk what to do.. Plz anyone out there who has suffered in the ways as I am and u we're able to find hope and changes, plz contact me so I know that in time I'll be normal and have my life back.. Plz anyone out there who became well again, tell me something that will help me... I'm so desperate to be me again.. This is taking me away from my family and I hate it.. I'm tired of being sick and not able to function

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I meant to mention that I'm still having the firey aches even on this Creon... I heard bile salts and Creon was supposed to make all the sickness go away and that it's immediate.. But for me it's not.. Maybe I should go buy the bile salts and not bother with the Creon my Dr gave me? Did bile salts work for anyone out there? Did the Creon work for anyone too?

• Posted

Hi, there, sorry you're having these issues.  My suggestion is that you and your doctor research whether you have a fatty liver. When one has a fatty liver the liver cannot digest fats and instead stores them in the liver and in the body.  

Fatty liver is caused by too much sugar in the diet, especially high fructose corn syrup, which is in most processed foods.

I would also suggest that you check out pancreatic problems, too.

Best of luck to you.  

• Posted

Wow ty so much for this information! It's much appreciated! I will talk to my Dr about both u suggested. Maybe if I walk in and have some knowledge about what could possibly be wrong and put my foot down with him, it might push him to really figure it out and help me.. Thank you so much hun smile xo

• Posted

You're so welcome!  Let me know how you do.  You might ask for a referral to a gastroenterologist, that's the best doctor to diagnose and treat you.  It seems referrals are hard to come by, though! xxx

• Posted

Thanks a bunch for that name lol!! I had no idea what type of Dr it is that handles these types of things, and the Dr that did my surgery is a general surgeon.. At least that's what comes up when I typed his name up online.. So I'm unsure if he's even the right Dr that handles all the gallbladder info.. He must know a bit about it if he cut into me.. But if he's just a surgeon then he may not know everything there is to know about things, other than where to cut on someone! So I'm gonna find out the type of Dr u mentioned and get into them ASAP.. Have u had ur gallbladder removed? Is this how u know so much about everything you've told me? Have a wonderful day/night hun smile xo

• Posted

Hi, there!  Please let me know how you do!  Surgeons, just remove stuff. smile

From what I've read and experienced, gp's often determine that gallbladders need to be removed, but sometimes they're inexperienced in helping someone who has issues after surgery!  I had my gallbladder removed in 2009.  I had bile acid malobsorption before that, but really had it afterwards!  I'm on medication now and have to be careful about my diet.  xxx 

• Posted

I actually got my gallbladder removed about a month and a half ago and I don't feel so hot either. Not sure why but maybe my second to third week I started to feel nausea again and my stomach got this full/pressure feeling and sick feeling every time after I ate. I'm still like that at the moment and I'm not sure what's causing it. I think I might need probiotics and digestive enzymes so I was going to stop by my health store and get some. I can't even eat properly since I get full easily and feel sick that I've lost weight. How do you usually feel at the moment? I also got creon but I haven't taken it.. now I'm scared to do so and you've felt sick! sad sorry you're going through this. I was told it can take up to 6-9 months for one to feel normal. Hope this is the case for both of us! And if it helps, try getting digestive enzymes and probiotics too smile maybe it will help!

• Posted

Oh hunny I'm so sorry that ur going thru this too!! It sucks to always feel sick when u eat.. It starts to take ur life away! I know it has me... Our only difference is that you've lost weight where as I've gained so much sad I don't believe either is healthy for us tho.. I have high blood pressure and cholesterol since I started getting sick and laying around so much.. 30-45 min after I eat is when the sickness kick in.. The aches and overall feeling of just not feeling good is what really brings me down.. Sometimes I get nausea but it's more in the mornings.. When I wake up I feel horrid... Takes a few hrs for me to start to feel better.. I heard it's cuz the vile fills up in the stomach over night.. So not to eat to late and it will cut down.. A tip for u as well, if u have that issue smile I do believe we both need to try the things that's been discussed in my forum.. Maybe well get some relief!! I hope!! Lol it just sucks to not feel good!!! I took the first dose of Creon before bed and ate some things I shouldn't, I was curious if it truly worked.. And I woke up feeling like death!!! So I didn't take anymore, and I'm still sick... I think I just happened to catch a virus the night I was out and it was a coincidence that I took the pill the same time.. So I'm gonna try again and see what happens. My sister told me to try a bile salt by a specific maker.. Apparently it made ppl like us feel better right away.. I'll look up the name of it and let u know smile I was told by a couple nurses that had it done that it took them each a couple yrs.. It's been 2 yrs for me and I'm no better.. Thats what scares me rolleyes anyways hun good luck and I hope those meds work for u!! Let me know how u feel ...get back into the Dr and talk to them too... Maybe they can write u scripts for these 2 things.. I'm gonna ask mine to, then if he can't I'll go buy them... smile xo

• Posted

Try sleeping with pillows propped up; so when you wake up, you won't feel nauseous or as sick because you won't have as much bile pilled up from when you were sleeping smile. If anything, an antacid in the morning before you have breakfast should help. Try pepcid and let me know how it works for ya. Quick question! When you feel sick do you also feel full and like this pressure in your stomach? And I've actually heard of bile salts but I was told it's more for people that have diarreah? Like chronic diarreah. This is why I was suggested to try digestive enzymes instead since I seem to feel bad every time I eat, I don't think I have either enough or the proper enzymes for digestion so maybe that will help me. Try it too! Oh also, can you eat big meals or do you only have small meals? I hope we feel better soon and I think I'm going to stop by my GP this weekend for a ct or a ultrasound! Maybe that will spot something. Do you take anything for nausea by the way?

• Posted

Hi, Deesan,

Your gallbladder acted as a valve to measure out the bile excreted by your liver.  Now that your gallbladder is gone, the bile drips constantly into your small intestine.  Sometimes, it can back up into your stomach over night.  That might be why some people have morning nausea.

People who have excess bile often have diarreha, they don't need ox bile because they already have too much.  Some people also don't have a hormone that allows them to absorb the excess bile.  This is called bile acid malobsorption.

There are medications available that can absorb the excess bile, they're available by prescription from your doctor.  

Hope this helps!  

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for the tip. I don't think in need ox bile because I don't have diarreah thankfully. My stomach just feels weird like full and a pressure feeling a little to the right of my belly button. I have no idea what it could be but its very annoying as I can't eat much and anyway after I eat I feel sick too. Sometimes when I stretch it hurts in that area and I don't know if it's just me or if I actually have something there. It's just a weird feeling like it's tight or so? -and when I stretch I feel like I pull something.

• Posted

Hi, Deesan.  I agree, I don't think you need ox bile!  How did breakfast go this morning? xx

• Posted

I actually woke up to breakfast already done by my friend and it was French toast so I just had some of that. Felt the same like I'm used to sad. Then felt later a couple hours later and had some wheat crackers with over roasted turkey slices and surprisingly that didn't make me feel bad at all. My stomach was okay? I was thinking what if I have celiac disease but I don't think so because the bread probably would have made me flip over in pain. I was thinking this a couple days prior since I always have toast for breakfast anyway. And I did get tested for it last year but they didn't find the traces of it. Which is why I'm just leaning towards if I need some digestives enzymes instead or probiotics. I'm just scared to buy them in case they don't work or due to side effects. Can they even cause side effects? Have you take these by any chance also?

• Posted

Hi, there, I've never used digestive enzymes, so I don't know about side effects.  

Let me know what you decide to do, and how you do! xxx

• Posted

Hey sweetie! Ty for the pillow tip! I'm gonna try it out tonight lol! I don't always take an antacid but I hear it helps Creon work better so I'm gonna start now.. OK to answer ur q.. I honestly don't feel the full and pressure feeling u do.. I'm on gabapentin so it does make me feel like a bottomless pit lol, so idk if it's masking some things either.. I do a mix of sometimes big meals, but I do mostly smaller ones.. I don't know a whole lot about bile salts n stuff.. I need to Google info on that and the pro biotics and digestive enzymes.. But I do think u should see a dr and tell them what ur feeling and demand they do somethong about it.. If u have already gotten in to ur Dr lmk what they said! I really hope u got some good news and they can help u hun! I sometimes take phenergan or zofran if my nausea is real bad.. But mostly I feel these fitey aches all thru my body and just an overall sick feeling. I seen one of ur other posts on here, it sounds like u found some things u can eat that didn't make sick! That's so wonderful hun!! Hopefully u can find more like that! Keep me posted on what the Dr says... And look up the meds u wanna try and check out the reviews on them, that will help u not to buy the wrong kinds, and I still need to post on here the name of the med my sis told me was awesome, and helped ppl not to feel sick anymore, but it was a bile salt and I think u said u didn't wanna do that one. My sis told me it stopped multiple symptoms!! So I wanna get it, but I guess it has to be a specific brand cuz the rest are rip offs. OK girly I'm writing another novel lol so I'm gonna end this.. Dont forget to seee ur Dr and lmk what they say!

• Posted

Hey! What's the gabapentin for if you don't mind me asking and how's the creon working, have you tried it again? I sincerely hope you're feeling better. I think I have my good days and my bad days but sometimes I wish I could just not exist anymore to stop feeling like this. I really wonder if something else is wrong with me but what? I already got my stinkin gallbladder removed which had a fat stone in it so what else could possibly be making me feel ill? I've been told multiple times that my body needs months to heal and until it learns to live and operate without a gallbladder only then I'll feel normal and symptoms will subside. This fullness/pressure makes me feel so sick and I can't eat. It makes me sad at the fact that I can't eat amounts I used to before even when I had my gallbladder. This is torture I swear. Just makes me depressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.