I had my gallbladder removed 7 years ago but now the same pain came back.

Posted , 5 users are following.

sharp pain on my upper right side

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

look up fatty liver ..I had mine removed a year ago .. No problems ..been on a diet to lose some weight ano the fell off the wagon stuffed myself for a week chocs butter enjoyed myself..got a ache right where my gallbladder was. 

Googled liver and gallbladder removal discovered fatty liver disease..

symptoms similar to gall bladder .

check it out ..

so now I am going to stick to low fat.sensible

dont want to put a strain on my liver ..

• Posted

So sorry to hear this.  After 7 years you must have thought you were out of the woods!!  I am wondering if having GB removed puts a strain on the liver.  Perhpas it's just a temporary thing.  I'm only 1 month post op but am having odd sensations in that are, like gurgling and bubbling feeling.  Bodies are so weird!!  Please get checked out.  I hope all will be well.
  • Posted

It could also be pancreatitis. I still have my gallbladder (awaiting surgery) but had a gallstone pass down the bile duct and get lodged by the pancreas for 24 hours. Thought it was a bad gallbladder attack and went to the er only to discover it was my pancreas. The stone passed on its own thankfully and pancreas sorted itself out within a few hours
  • Posted

Hello Marty

The GB type pain can return after many years because of either gallstones that formed in the bile duct or SOD ( spinchter of Oddi dysfunction) which is more likely to occurred to people gallbladerless. You need to do a scan to know exactly what is happening. 

• Posted

Hi Marty, I too have still been having the pain , I strongly suggest looking into Bowen therapy, it's amazing, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.