I had my gallbladder removed last Friday and now have stomach pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm sick to my stomach 24/7 and I feel worse when I eat. Also I'm having problems with gas building up in my stomach and pain on my right side. I was wondering if it's just normal pains after surgery that should go away over time of healing or should I go see my doctor about it

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Kylo your bound to have pain its not been a week since your surgery! But if your worried go see your Doctor. You are bound to have gas because they put air into you when they operate. You will improve my friend just give it time and take it easy xxxx
  • Posted

I had mine out last Thursday and i am getting bad pain in my right side too, it hurts when i breath, cough or any movement. I rang my gp surgery and i have to go down today at 10.40 with a water sample.
    • Posted

Your doing the right thing Dianne better to see the Doc if your worried hon let us know how it goes xxx
    • Posted

Sorry you are having problems.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I think it is probably just pains after surgery. I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago and they said to me it would be a 3 week recovery period. I still have a bit of pain in my right side where i used to have it with gallstones and stomach ache, but am hugely better than I was when I had gallstones.

They should have given yu a contact number to ring if you are worried or you could go to the doctor.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Gas and stomach pain sound pretty normal for me. Nausea probably needs checking out if it is severe.  I am almost 9 weeks out and still have some pain and gas episodes.  It was 7 weeks before I thought I was going to recover. Keep your doctor  informed and good luck.  Mine got better! There are many on this list who took much longer to recover than their docs indicated.  ---Phil
    • Posted

I am three years post op Phil still getting pains but the D is the worse! xxx
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that.  I agree, D is the worst. I hope you find some relief. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

I now take four bile binders and up to eight imodium a day so if you shake me I now rattle lol xxx
  • Posted

I had the same.

2 days post op i was an emotional wreck. Pain wise uncomfortable and couldnt sleep. After 2 weeks was pain free and after 4 weeks ie this week , went back to work.

Can still only eat limited foods and suffer terrible wind. Had nausea too quite badly but its eased off. Had some cheese few nights ago but was poorly so will def not bother with diary products.

It will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.