I had my Hemorrhoidectomy 13 days ago and still in aggravating pain!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

i came on here for some help please.

I had my hemorrhoidectomy on the 12th April. i had quite few skin tags which i wanted to get rid off. The surgeon at the time burned off 3 skin tags (no stitches given). Prior to my surgery, i always had normal BMs.

After surgery i was in excruciating pain and would cry evry single day. I wanted go die because i couldn't take the pain.

i have a baby to look after so i have to live and get better for her.

its day 13 and since past two days i have been bleeding each BM. when i take my laxatives, i get diarrhoe. When i stop taking the laxatives, im constipated. i am bleeding from inside so i must have had a cut inside which bleeds each BM.

i am so scared for my BMs now that it makes cry. Since yesterday i have been going for 3-4 BM (first part hurts when it comes out but its all runny after) makes me want to strain.

I am sick and tired of seeing blood each time. how will i recover if i dont heal??? Please someone help me! i have a baby who is fully dependant on me and i have to get better for her. Please help guys.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Bleeding after skin tag removal is normal! If the bleeding is excessive, call your doctor ASAP! Personally, I wouldn't take a full on laxative, just take a stool softener or fiber pills. Drink 8-10 cups of water a day, don't drink too much coffee or soda that dehydrates you, and eat fiberious foods! Also no spicy food until you are completely healed! . I had 3 skin tags removed almost 9 weeks ago. I am still healing. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Posted

@Morgan1234 did you have the skin tags removed completely? i had mine slightly burned off they said and they didnt take it all off because they were too big. its goo painful

• Posted

Mine were lasered off and my colorectal surgeon said completely! Mine were not that big, maybe the size of a pea each. The first two weeks of recovery were rough for me! It hurt to move, sit on the toilet, bend down, etc! It is a very sensitive area and it is being disrupted every time you have a BM.

• Posted

i am so so so sad and upset today. i have 5 BMs today and all painful but the last one i had killed me. it was so sharp and hard for me to pass, all i could see is blood, i am so scared because the doctors told me not to be constipated but im doing all i can and still an constipated. i stopped myself half way and didnt finish my full BM, due to being scared of pain and seeing more blood. Now i can feel it sitting at the edge all sharp and painful, i just took a laxido sachet. will take another sachet in the next hour. Should i also take senna tablets?

please advise how i can soften my stool quickly??? All your help is much appreciated!

• Posted

If you are seeing A LOT of blood, please call your doctor. I bled but not to the amount that you are stating. You should be drinking a lot of water more than ever before! You should eat prunes, oatmeal and other fiberous foods.. Loose BM is just as bad as constipation. So, you have to make sure the poop is soft not loose. Your doctor can give you advice about being constipated right now and tell you what to do.

• Posted

NHS here is useless. i think i will contact a private hemorrhoidectomy surgeon and see if they can help me get out of this agony.

• Edited

like morgan said bleeding with a BM is normal, for a while i believe. I had the surgery on April 19th and think i am lucky. I am fairly comfortable and no longer taking the oxycodone which was prescribed. i had my first BM 3 days post op it was small, extremely painful and there was blood. i was taking 1 dose of both miralax and colace but after the first i stopped the miralax. the next couple of days i had very soft and very frequent BM's. 4 times both days if i remember correctly. Not watery but not formed and those hurt a lot. today i finally had a formed stool and the post BM pain was significantly less. if taking a laxative maybe switch to just a stool softener. also drink so much water that its nearly impossible to become constipated. I'm right there with you i know the pain seems unbearable. Take care good luck and feel better!!!

• Posted

@mario66297 thank you so much for sharing your experience. i bleed every BM 😦 i open my bowels at least 4times a day! in exhausted! i only take one Movicol sachet (stool softener) whole day and Senna x2 tablets at night, when i open my bowels in the morning it hurts and quite sharp pain and i start bleeding. when i take more Movicol- i get diarrhae. i only eat healthy and drink more than 2 litres of water a day. i also developed a fissure they told me in A&E so thats extremely painful too!! i dont know what i can do, im a young mother and my baby needs me but im always in agony and pain. i cry each time i realise i need to go open my bowels 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.