I had my right ovary removed related to the overly twisting

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been developing cyst on right and left ovaries. I went to hospital for cont severe abd pain and had emergency surgery 1week ago. They discharged me same day as surgery and 2 days later back in hospital for post op bleeding. I cont to be in severe pain and hard to get around. I have a burning sensation in abd and it is driving me crazy. Is there any hope to get better soon. I also have nausea and getting migraines which I had prior to surgery but now every time try to take something for pain triggers migraine. I am only taking pain mess when severe pain also have only slept about 4 hours in past week. Help 

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You suld not still be in severe pain. If you have the contact number for the ward you were on I would call them, if not contact your consultant via his secretary, she would be able to get a message to him or go to casualty. Either way I would not leave it. Wishing you better 

• Posted

Hi, you need to take it easy it takes quite a long time to recover from surgery, you have not said what exactly you had done, did you have ovaries removed ? I had an oophorectomy over a year ago and sorry to say I,m still not right, and if you don,t rest properly it takes ages. The burning sensation is soft tissue damage that can take a while to settle down and recover and the nausea the nurse told me as I had the exact same, is from the surgeon moving things around in there, I was told any type of gyne surgery can cause horrible nausea, it really is very early days for you so rest up - if you are really worried you must contact your GP or the hospital for advice x
    • Posted

Poor you, you must get yourself checked or at least talk to your GP or the hospital just to put your mind at rest - it,s horrible I know, I have been there, I still have the burning sensations you talk of but not as ofter, it is getting easier with time, you had major surgery and your body has had a tough time, good luck and remember get checked if you are concerned about the ammount of pain you have x
    • Posted

Hi lou

was interested to see your post. I too had both ovaries removed last june and part omentum via vertical cut and have not been right since either. Would you mind sharing what your problems have mind, interested to see if same as mine 

regards June

• Posted

Hello June, sorry you have had a rough time of it aswell, horrible business isn,t it. Well I had a hysterectomy 22 years ago when I was 30 and they left my right ovary - I recovered very quickly from that and was pushing a trolly around doing my shopping in a fortnight ! i was young. Then the summer before last I noticed bloating that I put down to middle age, weight gain etc - I went to the doctor to be reassured and was told constipation, my age and given laxatives - three times through the summer I went back and was examined vaginally and the other ! said nothing wrong with me, my tummy was huge like 7 months pregnant, in the end I went back again and demanded a scan, had the scan in October and immediatley they found 20cm plus cyst, I was horrified, shocked, terrified, felt sick and had my first panic attack there and then, nobody took me seriously til then. I was operated within a week and had 3 and half litres fluid drained from me and oophorectomy, I had a borderline tumor and it was totally removed and dealt with. Sent home next day in agony and then was called for CT scan, the wait was terrifying, letters back and forth from hospital I was scared stiff for months and months, more panic attacks and so on, CT scan sent to cancer centre to be analysed, results completley clear, then was asked to have tumor marker blod tests, kidney function, oh my gosh just about everything you can think of...... thank the Lord all clear. 6 months after surgery asked for tranvaginal and ultrasound scans, all clear and then another, again good news and now I am due for another set of scans next week my Consultant has assured me it,s just belts and braces to be safe and he has reassured me he is expecting all to be well, I,m still worried though. All this time though I have been a complete mess, pain on the right hand side for months and months, dragging and aching most of the time, and occasional burning, hot flushes, panic attacks, dizziness, weight gain, feeling of doom and gloom most of the time like horrible thoughts taking me over, no sex drive whatsoever, depressed and fed up, Consultant happy for me to go on HRT but I,m afraid of when I come off it all the symptoms will come back, the hysterectomy in the beginning was a breeze compared to this. Sorry to rattle on but was trying to put you in the picture, didn,t mean to write a book ! how are you and whats been happening with you ?? I,m 52 by the way x
    • Posted

Hi Lou

It is worrying but at least they thoroughly checking you over

Similar story to you hysterectomy 2005 which a breeze. Last year in march started feeling dizzy and bloated and just felt terrible . Went go who did bloods and said I was fine. Had woman's health check privately as knew wasn't right and they found a lump during internAl. Had ct bloods etc. had both ovaries and part omentum removed . Had mass in the tube which h had all twisted on itself I was lucky it didn't burst had swollen to size of grapefruit.

Ever since then had pains in my ribs back and around my liver. I've paid and had scans twice. Paying for osteopath . Gp doesn't have a clue. Also can't lose weight and hormonal which I expected but generally feel horrible all the time xx

bloated

• Posted

Hello, gosh poor you - when you had your scans twice were they CT with contrast and did they show anything ? I also can,t lose weight despite everything I do, always bloated and feel like a great big frump, are you on HRT, x
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Only one ct with contrast when they

Found the mass and they were

obviously looking to see if anywhere else but they said clear . The two scans I paid for were ultrasounds which showed liver and kidneys to be fine. I also look like hit cross bun on my stomach as hysterectomy was one scar then vertical one for ovaries . Not on hrt I did try it four months but stopped as thought that was causing my dizziness that is when found the mass. Not convinced it wasn't the hrt that caused it. Xx

• Posted

This is all a nightmare and it just seems to go on and on and every day feels like such an effort just to get up in the mornings, thats after being up most of the night pacing around worrying and stressing about everything and anything, what if this, what if that, uuugghhh usually get to sleep around 3am and up around 5 ish, then checking my tummy for any lumps or differences, drives me mad all the time, I just want someone to tell me everything will be allright, when all this started my consultant hugged me and said " Louise you are not on my worry list, don,t you trust me " - i felt awful for even thinking bad things, I can,t help it, seem to have panic attacks more often sepecially when I have to be responsible for things and it,s all on me, not sure where to go with this but do not want HRT. - what are you going to do now and after you see the osteopath ? I think I am alone with all these thoughts and feelngs, do you feel light headed and out of control sometimes like me ? going mad with it all ! x
    • Posted

I used to get very light headed but not often now. I don't sleep

Either, been like that for

Few years . Didn't expect life to be like this at 51 lol.

My osteopath is convinced I have adrenal overload probs caused by stress . Thing is in the day you think don't be stupid, you'll drive

Yourself mad and make

Yourself I'll. But when I'm laying awake all sorts go through my head which then

Gives me palpitations and it

Feels like my heart

Stopping. My husband very ill which is also stressful. I am having a colonoscopy next week. If that shows nothing not sure what I will do. It could just be the stress if the surgery on the body which has reacted and taking extra long to

Sort itself out xxx

• Posted

Oh so sorry to hear about your husband, you must be very worried and stressed - I can,t imagine how you are feeling. I don,t know how I would cope with a colonoscopy I feel you are a very brave lady - I have my scans again next week ( ultrasound and transvaginal ) I really feel I need to get something from doctor to calm me down before I go in as I am really worried I will have a panic attack in the room, as soon as I see instruments, gowns and smell hospital gowns I will go into panic mode I know it will, also my father died last May and I held his hand as he died in agony from cancer , that haunts me every second of my life - it,s all too much. - I was told it could take up to 2 years to recover from my surgery, WHY, I too have palpatations and my hair falls out alot, the plughole is seriously loaded after washing my hair. Know what you mean about during the day you think oh don,t be silly, and then the night comes and it starts all over again, - will you know the results of your procedure there and then or will you have to wait for letter from hospital ? x
    • Posted

I think they tell you what they can on the day but takes week for biopsy results

Sorry about your dad. You could be suffering still from that .

I think you should speak to your doctor about taking something to

Calm you. They may suggest you take them for couple

Months as I think it takes a

While to build up in your system . If you feel

Calmer you will

Sleep which means

Less stress which will help

All around .. Just tell yourself those scans are harmless and will not take long . You will start to feel

Better once you get your results back. Xx

• Posted

Yes I think i will make appointment tomorrow - sometimes we all need a little help to deal with things as too many things happen at once and then it gets too much and becomes overload and thats when problems happen. I think women on the whole have so many thins to deal with and our bodies can let us down and thats something else to cope with. Lets hope for good results for both of us and then maybe we can move on from it all in time, if we have peace in our heads for our own health then we can deal with other things in life hopefully. I hope your colonoscopy isn,t too stressful for you, be brave and I will be thinking of you, what day are you going in ? x
    • Posted

Hi ladies, I had oophorectomy by laparotamy in November which led to early menopause (i'm46). Hot flushes and palpitations so far but my sister in law who has natural menopause has wasrens me about the panic attacks, anxiety and insomnia you seem to be experiencing. She had a melt down on holiday and tthought she was going mad... She's not on HRT and says she's never felt better. It might be worth considering HRT just to save your sanity and give yourself chance to get over some of the other anxieties you've been through. Good luck for next appointment. X
    • Posted

Morning june, hope you had a good nights sleep - been up since 3am with my pacing around the house thing can,t take it any more , am only working til lunchtime today so am going to try to get GP appointment am getting too stressed about wednesday scans. Will let you know, hope you are ok x
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Not bad last night so

Two

Nights in five better than nothing

Yes you do need to

Go, you definitely need something to calm you even if for couple months. Try not to worry, easy

Said than done. Your doctor sounds very thorough should be more like him. He is probably being extr careful due to the

Fact it was missed in the first place . Do you talk to your partner, friends or family about how you feel. A lot of this probably

Goes to back to what you went through with your dad. You probably would have

Benefitted from counselling. We all think we are coping but sometimes

We just need help. Hope you

Get on ok at the docs. Keep

Me posted. You take care xx

• Posted

Hello june, how did you get on at the hospital ? hope all went ok and not too traumatic for you - couldn,t get an appointment until this eve at 5pm, our surgery is busy it seems every time as it,s not urgent ! hardly seems worth it as I have hosp tomorrow and dreading it so much I feel sick - hope you are allright xx
    • Posted

Hi jane, sorry for late reply, how are you feeling? hope you are not suffering too much and taking it easy. I am so scared about tomorrow,, have appoint this eve with GP but I think it will be a waste of time as the only one available was the one I had probs with in first place, typical - might even cancel not sure yet, stressed yet again, be glad when tomorrow is over with but then I will be stressing over results, uuugghh it NEVER  stops. Hope all ok with you x
    • Posted

Hi Lou

I'm ok. Had colonoscopy yesterday all clear.

No don't cancel your appointment you must go . As for tomorrow it will come and go before you know it. Try not to fret . Hope it goes quickly xxx june xx

• Posted

Thanks for reply june - so so pleased all went well for you yesterday, phew such a relief for you to know all clear on that, not very nice to go through but it,s all over now, brave girl. Hubby coming with me tomorrow he keeps saying it,ll be fine, it,ll be fine - bless him, hope he,s right ! xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Hope scans all went well and you feeling brighter

Xx june

• Posted

Hi June - thank you yes, had scans last wednesday in hospital and he told me there and then that all is well, no masses or free fluid and everything is as it should be, can,t tell you how relieved I am, also my surgery rang the next day to confirm that all is well as they knew how anxious I was and get - just wait now for letter from Consultant to confirm, like they do and hoping I don,t have to go again for a year or so, but I can forget about it now - yipppeeee, been so stressed. - How are things with you, how are you feeling ? xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Well that is fantastic news so pleased for you

I'm ok. Biopsy results tomorrow although should be fine as he did not

See anything . Still have

The pains in my ribs, liver

And kidney areas so don't know

What I'm going to do next .

May think about

Another ct. was last may

My last one and a lot can change . See what he suggests. Still feel

Like a beaches whale lol xx

• Posted

Hi June, gosh poor you - I am sure your biopsy results will be clear as you said they did not see anything, so what on earth could be going on, yes I would probably consider another CT scan, have they given you any idea of the pains around your ribs and liver ? is it like a burning or sharp pain, as I was getting ( still am ) burning around the area of oophorectomy and sometimes it radiates all around low and high up in chest area, it,s horrible but they assured me that it,s soft tissue that can take up to 2 years to heal, and now everything has been disturbed since the trans scan it,s starting up again. You really do need answers to all this and surely they cant put everything down to stress, will you let me know what happens please, will be thinking about you and like me you will feel reassured when you have answers and I know you have lots to deal with at the moment, and I know what beached whale feels like, I,m with you on that one !! xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

The pain is more a discomfort it's like

Someone has kicked my ribs and trampled on my internal organs. But what is weird is the

Pain mirrors itself on the other side but deffo more on the riight.

Xx

• Posted

Hi June, hello again - gosh that sounds horrible and I really hope they get to the bottom of all this, you shouldn,t be going through any more problems - seems like lots of people suffer so much after oophorectomys, like I said before my hysterectomy was a breeze compared to this, I have also noticed lately really achy joints almost painful, particularly my left wrist which at times wakes me up from my minimal sleep, horrid. We seem to have lots in common, my hubby has health issues also, he has had four lots of surgery on his shoulders, decompression and attempted tendon repair, basically he,s worn out ! also he has arthritis in both hips and struggles to walk distances without a stick, they won,t operate as he,s too young - just down to years and years of real hard manual work, poor thing he,s always in pain - hosp was thinking complete shoulder repacements in both but have decided against it now, so have tod him a lifetime of painkillers ! what goods that ! he really struggles to work, we both do, uuuggghhh what does one do ! xx how are you feeling today ? xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Poor thing. Don't get this too young surely better to do op than leave people in pain

At 51 never thought I'd feel so unhealthy. I have start arthritis in foot and hip socket, only minimal but he said can be really painful. Visits to the osteopath reAlly help .

Doc reckons pains could be related to my gut and have to start excluding certain things from my diet, including wine 😞. Allowed a gin (aren't I lucky). Still worth a try

My husband juSt at end of second chemo treatment so extremely tired and weak

But you got to stay positive and try

To see the good side of things . None of us no how long we on this earth for. Xx

• Posted

Yes June must stay positive - so many people so much worse off, the terrible tragedies happening worldwide does make you think, your hubby is really suffering also, hope he soon feels better I really do. I am lucky with 3 grandchildren, last one born last Nov and she is beautiful and I get to spend lots of time with them and they really make me laugh they say such funny innocent things, my other granddaughter who is 6 runs around at 100mph and never stops, oh to be young again ! xx
    • Posted

Hi June, hope things are ok and you are not too stressed xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Ok thanks. Long day today husband had a double chemo session takes hours . Mind you will

Be on a 12

Week break now. Sulking as can't have me

Wine lol

Xx

• Posted

Hi June, gosh long day indeed - sounds like a gin might be a good idea ! had not a bad day, just tired aaallll the time, come home from work and only do mornings and when I pull up at home it,s even an effort to walk up the path, put kettle on and flop on the sofa and really can,t be bothered to do anything - know I should do stuff ( boring housework ) but cant ever be bothered ! this menopause thing has changed everything and suddenly feel like a real old lady ! maybe feel better when spring arrives and the sun comes out, its been a long winter so maybe a little energy will creep back in soon, do you feel like that sometimes or ever ? xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Yes I do. Feel drained. Have

No interest in myself at all.

There is an ad on tv says women

lol in the

Mirror seven times a day but I just don't look. Used to. Now I've put weight on I can't

Shift. Feel unattractive .

Hysterectomy was a

Breeze compared to this. Don't

Help with the road map scars. Oh

Get me moaning sure be

Better when the sun is out xx

• Posted

Hi June, know what you mean - finished work did shopping as we had no food, drove home feeling really really sick and have just spent last half hour in front of mirror examining my fat stomach convincing myself its full of fluid again, or is it fat - starts under my bust and juts out like a fat beer belly and its disgusting - sorry to go on but sometimes feel like going mad with it all. Just rang daughter who told me to stop worrying its the menopause and my imagination, i don,t know but I,m having a bad day - can so easily get obsessed with everything - head all over the place and wobbly - sometimes I wish I jad just put up with the cyst I felt better with it ! can you understand that ? I had no idea I would basically feel so rubbish xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou

Yes totally relate. But do kick myself sometimes as was lucky. Cyst could have turned nasty like it does for some ladies

Also look at my husband who dealing with all his side effects from

Chemo and then feel totally selfish

Roll on summer sunshine I think we will all feel better

Xx

• Posted

Ditto June - and yes lots hope for a lovely sunny summer, and for your hubby to enjoy better health also, positive thoughts only now ! xx
    • Posted

Hey Loui, I hope you are doing much better. Your story is very touching to me, as I am always worrying to much when something is not right with my body. Hope to hear from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.