I had myomectomy about 5 month ago but my period has not returned to normal since then.

Posted , 4 users are following.

has a Myomectomy that about 48 fibroids were removed. But till now my period is still very scanty and last for only two days. my doctor said it will return to normal but i am worried. please i need some advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

tbh i think you see your doctor.. does your period start more or less the same time every month?

mine are a bit irratic after 4 months - lasts 4/5 days but no cramps or pain that i suffered pre my myomectomy in february, which is good. Ask your doctor to give you a check up, for bloods, iron level, BP.. high or low, remember your body has been through a MASSIVE trauma ( 25 was removed) from me, our bodies need time to heal. work on your diet, greens, beetroot, apples and carrots, blend it up cut it and blend. It worked well for me pre and post.. let me know how you get on. x

• Posted

thank you very much. will do that. the period start the same time as before the surgery, there is no change in that aspect

• Posted

I had the opposite problem where I was bleeding nonstop for 2 months after the surgery. I had to go back on birth control and am now on a regimen where I only take the placebo pills every 3 months.

• Posted

Hey @Ukgold,

I hope you managed to get to the bottom of this concern. I was under the impression that periods can be extremely light or not come at all if there is scar tissue which prevents the blood from flowing out. You may be having a regular cycle but the blood cannot make its way out. Do you have any other symptoms, such as pain, bloating and ordinary PMS?

• Posted

No other symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.