I had Precocious Puberty

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I'm Sarah (now 16 years old) and I was diagnosed with Central Precocious Puberty (CPP) after I started menstruating spontaneously at the age of 2. I was treated with a medication called "ELIGARD" (euprolide acetate for injectable suspension), which I don't believe is the common medication given. This was given to me via injections every 3-6 months until I was aged 10.

Lately I've been trying to look at information about this condition to try and understand what exactly happened to my body, partly just out of curiosity and also to try to understand whether having precocious puberty has effected me in other ways since the end of my treatment. But a lot of the information I see about Precocious Puberty is vague and seems to refer more to children who are diagnosed when they're 6-8. There's also a lot of information that connects precocious puberty with obesity which doesn't really apply to me seeing as I'm actually slightly underweight and have been that way for the majority of my life.

From what I've seen there isn't much information at all about what patients experience after treatment. I feel as though my puberty has been a lot more intense than most other girls. I'm currently taking a contraceptive pill to regulate my hormones as suggested by a psychologist, as it was causing me a lot of emotional distress. Though, to be fair, quite a few girls also do this not just those who had precocious puberty. However, I'm still curious to know whether other girls who had precocious puberty have also experienced other hormonal issues or more intense puberty after the end of their treatment or whether my experiences are just coincidental. Any information would be really fascinating to me.

So it would be cool if anyone else had any stories to tell about themselves or people they know.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.