I had random chest pain for a month, what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm a 15 y/o overweight male. For the past months I've been experiencing aching/stabbing pain in random spots on my chest but most frequently on the left side near the underarm area. Sometimes the pain radiates to my bicep musle and neck. I've done 2 EKGs,Echo,24Hr holter monitor,bloodworks and a Chest x-ray. All the tests came up fine and the doc told me not to worry about. Even after that I have this eery feeling something is wrong and my health anxiety is not letting me sleep. Can anyone help me or tell me what to do next?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi aleksa25...is it possible you may have injured yourself while lifting or pushing; playing sports, turning and twisting,  working out ?  Sounds like it could be an injury so perhaps an orthopedic or chiropractor may help you.  I got chest pain from over exerting side effects of a medication and it takes a long time for this pain to go away for me anyway, but our bodies do heal themselves.  It's a scary feeling, but once you know the root cause you'll feel better and have you tried using ice or heat on the areas in pain as well as wrapping your bicep with light compression in a ace bandage ?  I also just posted here in chest pain area about sternocleidomastoid muscles which affects many areas in the torso and head.  Also consider side effects of any medications you may be taking that cause inflammation, etc.  My health problems wake me up all the time too; it's terrible isn't it...once you know what it is you'll feel much better.  Good luck and you'll be fine smile

• Posted

I havent been doing any sort of hard work recently,mostly because i had a nasty sinus inflammation and i had to take shots of corticosteroids. Could that be connected with my chest pain?
    • Posted

aleksa25096, Hi.  First, I am not a doctor.  You should call the doctor who gave you these shots and tell him about your pain and ask him if these could be side effects of the shots.  Also call your primary care doctor and inform him that you still have pain and tell him about any other symptoms you have. Have one of your parents call for you.  smile get well quick.

Good luck...

• Posted

Hi speak, I M arun 30y from India.. I have had left chest and arm neck past 2.5 years.. I also done so many ECG, echo, blood work and x ray.. all r fine..but till I have the pain whole day.. my doc says, it's not from heart..whenever pain come that time I feel very bad and I can't work also.. but somehow I manage.. so don't worry... Take 30min walking everyday.. and sleep very well.. I M with you.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.