I had ringworm on my foot; I’ve been taking griseofulvin for 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

The ringworm was large. After taking griseofulvin for 2 weeks the center has fallen off but the outer rings have turned black and hard still just hanging. I also had a bacterial infection which is gone now. I guess the infection spread a little up my leg because theres black dead looking skin. Just wondering has anyone else had it has bad as me and if the healing process was similar.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My husband also had ringworm of the foot. He used Fugacil cream 3 times daily and after less than one week, the skin on his foot started to flake off and was healed. In fact, the new skin was growing under the brown dead skin cells.

• Posted

yes mines is flaking up, but its still itching. I just thought it was completely gone because a lot of skin was coming off. I hope it will be gone with my last 5 pills.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.