I had severe pain in my chest like a alien wanting to co...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had severe pain in my chest like a alien wanting to come out, that is how bad it got, then I went yellow. Went to hospital and they found a large amount of gall stones - 47. They took the gallbladder out, no complications and no pain, but i have found I can now not eat fried eggs as this causes the runs. After a year I have just started having what feels like wind under my rib cage and am not sure what that is, I am trying to reasearch to find out now this is happening, and if it could be connected to not having a gallbladder, but am not turning anything up. I have had this wind feeling and slight pain now for 4 days and I wish it would go - any suggestions would be good, oh also headaches as well:?sad

[i:e2c8b6636b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e2c8b6636b]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I have suffered from trapped wind in the past, and it can feel like your rib cage is being stabbed or like it will explode, the best thing i have found to remove the wind is to lie down on your back, flat for as long as it takes to dispell the said wind ( eg fart) sorry for brash expression, just lying down should relieve some of the pressure. Another suggestion is to go on all 4's, although this can become uncomfortable. But lying down has always worked for me. I am to have my gall bladder out hopefully with in the next 6 months, can't wait to be pain free. best of luck.:headhurts:

[i:3ce8e7129a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3ce8e7129a]

• Posted

I suggest you return to see surgeon who performed op as often if an intraoperative cholyangiogram is not done a small stone located in the common bile duct can be missed and this could be causing your current symptoms, also it is possible to form more small cholesterol stones post gall bladder removal and these often block the CBD (common bile duct.

[i:76ba568ea5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:76ba568ea5]

• Posted

last july i had my gallbladder removed atlast pain free which i thought untill a couple of weeks ago i started getting back pain which i took as indejestion. then last night i took severe pain in my chest which was going around my back it was the same pain as before i got my gallbladder out.i went to hospitl described the pain they said it might be post gallbladder they took me for a x-ray done some blood tests came back and told me they couldnt find anything told me to go home and come back if it gets any worse in the meantime im scared to eat as the pain is that bad .please helpsadsad

[i:6b06c03e76]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6b06c03e76]

• Posted

Hi there

I would like to know if any body had really bad pain, and then it went away for a bit, did you still go ahead and have the gallbladder removed and did any pain re-occur? What other side effects did you have beside pain just under the right rib cage, I believe that tiredness is a common side effect, can anyone vouch for this?

Rose

[i:10be453471]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:10be453471]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.