I had surgery 5 weeksago

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with an ingwinal hernia over a year ago 5 weeks ago when u had surgery they discovers I actually had a femoral hernia I am recovering but I am. Getting pain in the left side of my groin area and it was right side I had the repair done as any one else. Suffered a dull ache on on opposite side of an femoral hernia repair an if so what was the outcome plz 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My surgery was on June 6 , it is now July 24 and all seems to be good, no pain whatsoever but still numb in the area of the incision which talking to other people may never go away.
    • Posted

You may always experience feeling of numbness in this area yes that is correct but also the feeling could return for you everyone is different 
  • Posted

Yea I am also still numb almost 4 months after surgery. Something that scares me is the Iliohypogastric nerve was cut and that is why we are both numb. But the Iliohypogastric nerve is in charge of feeling and motor muscle strength. Look it up online. When that nerve is cut those muscles get weak and another hernia can occur. My question is now that we don’t have any feeling in that area how would we know if another hernia comes back and it happens to get strangled? 
    • Posted

Rob, if it does come back I hope it’ll be evident as was the first one, I have a friend who ten years after the surgery still has a numb area but smaller then it once was so it looks like it could be a permanent thing, I think if we take it easy and not do any overly heavy lifting we should be okay .
    • Posted

You should no as you would develop other symptoms such as high fever vomiting stomach cramps not being able to pass wind of have bowel movements usually but if ever in doubt just demand a scam 
  • Posted

And I also am having the same pain that I had before surgery on the other side. I am starting to think that I have a hernia on the other side but don’t see a bulge. Has anyone else ever had this problem? 
    • Posted

Me also that is what I have been starting to think that maybe I am getting another I no that there is a lot of stress an damage on that side on the incision so I am hopeing that is just like a diverted nerve I have also sent a urine sample off as I think a urine infection can be a result as the bladder is so close to were the surgery took place my gp has said if the pain does not go in a couple of week then he is going to refer me to be scanned on the opposite side I would hate for it to be another hernia I no people have had worse but I did not like surgery And I stayed awake and had a spinal so I can say I have been present and no what they do and it is not nice at all I shall report back and let let u no the  outcome it may provide you with some peace of mind also 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.