I had this bump appear on my leg and go away within hours? What could it possibly be?

Posted , 4 users are following.

One night I noticed this large bump on my leg. it was a little hard and sort of immovable? However; after pushing on it it just went away? im not sure what it could have been so im seeking some advice!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i am not a doctor. Good news is that it is gone! So cancerous lump is unlikely. sounds like a cyst.

• Posted

Does look like a cyst, maybe a ganglion - I had one before, if they dont go away on their own the doctor can drain them. Seems like yours did what they normally do and dispersed when pressure applied. If it recurs, do not be tempted to do what used to be the old advice and hit it with a book or something heavy - not a good idea, see your doc if you're concerned of if its painful.

• Posted

I agree with loxie. You may have had a ganglion cyst (filled with fluid unlike a lesion which is solid). The cyst (a) can move;

(b) can rupture and hence disappear BUT you will be sore and the area red or

(c) the cyst can disappear on its own as quickly as you noticed it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.