I HAD TYMPANOSTOMY DONE AND NOW I HAVE DIMINISHED HEARING, MUFFLED SOUND

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have atypical Meniere's Dx. Meaning, I have tinnitus, fullness without vertigo.

Recently I was seeing my 4th ENT. She suggest that I might have Eustachian tube dysfunction:  I had tympanostomy / ventilation / PE tubes put in right ears about two weeks ago. It made my symtoms worse. I had it removed. It been a week.

My question is this: Ever since the procedure  I have diminished hearing, muffled sounds, feel like I am underwater..with an echo sound when I talk.Constant feeling of pressure that I never had before. This is horrible.  All I want to know is will my hearing return to what I am used to hearing and how long it will take, can I do anything to stop the pressure and stuffy feeling in my head. I felt it when the tube were in and now when they are out. My ENT told me it would be only two days.

A ruptured eardrum is a tear or hole in the eardrum. I heard it takes about two months to heal

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Its true a ruptured eardrum will take a long time to heal but it will. Its common to have complications from those tubes being inserted. I think this is why doctors don't recommend them unless you have severe.

• Posted

tympanostomy are done for kid all the time for chronic ear infection. I hate this feeling I have. Sometimes I want to kill myself.
    • Posted

Please God,

Don't let the tinnitus, fullness, hyperacusis and autophony  stay with me forever on the R ear. It's getting better, but I want to be normal again. I don't want to be wearing ear plug just to get through the day. It been 4 weeks now since the Tympanostomy was done.

• Posted

It 3 weeks since the tubes where take out. I still have the echo and pressure difference...it is better..but still there.  I developed an atrocious low frequency humming / vibration sounds in my right ear.  The only things I can attempt to compare it to would be the sound when you are inside a building and someone drives by with very loud bass in their car.  Or, I could sometimes describe it as a car running off in the distance, or someone strumming a low frequency note on a bass guitar.  It's devastating affect on my mood and sleep.  A low-frequency loud roaring sound. the noise feels like it has a throbbing pulse

low-pitched vibrating type of sound,I find that it increases when I lie on my bed - especially when I put my ears against my pillow. This makes sleeping really uncomfortable and makes me really anxious and self-aware the whole night, and I am really distressed by it. Has anyone suffered from the same thing? Does anyone have any advice?

One way I would describe it is perhaps machinery running continuously in the distance, or the rumble of a loud car exhausted in the street. I can almost 'feel' the sound in my head, its so unnerving at times especially at the moment as its been pretty bad for a few days now. I also find that sometimes it can just go away, often for a few days and then it will be back. I simply cannot understand it,

• Posted

I got my ear check by the GP again and she said the hole is still there and the size hasn't changed since since 3 weeks ago. I am so upset...and sadden by this

• Posted

I am going to see the ENT on Sat and I will keep you up to date
  • Posted

I went to the ENT again this Sat. She told that there was  crust remains on the tympanic membrane and that is why it wasn't closing.  She removed it and then used  silver nitrate to cauterize the rim of a perforation.

Early removal of any late crusting near the perforation margin might help prevent late-formed crust from sealing the perforation edges and avoid mechanical prevention of perforation closure, thereby accelerating eardrum healing,

There is tinnitus, but no echoing this time. I do have ear lose on the ear for sure. I have to start all over again...for the healing 4-6 weeks again..UGH............

• Posted

Im sorry to hear that bad news bud i know it sucks man i just got hearing lost but it wasnt to much of it and when the doc told me some false hope my heart was ruined and it just went slilent for a minute knowing that i wouldnt be able to get that extra pitch of hearing back broke me but look at me man to be totally honest with you dude it does suck dont get me wrong but the fact is that you will get used to hearing that way and even when you talk sorry buddy but trust me your hearing will adjust to as comfotable level as it can i suggest to not worry to much harder than said but im foreal becuase i dont anyone else to go through depression/anxiety becuase those to combined are hell or even just one of them just please man buy an gaming console to just waste some time off the clock when your getting anxious or alone or watch some good ass videos not hearing loss videos though and be thankful buddy i know it dosent help much when people say this but YOUR NOT DEATH! Be thankful for what you have i know i get it its not fair all these other people have there hearing and everything and i didnt do as much worse things as them and ect. Dont blame yourself or others its just life bud these challenges are to teach you and others bro these make us into wise people and let us expand our minds to be more greatful just please man go outside look at the sky man LOOK AT IT! Some people cant see the beauty that god put on this earth but which is really sad but man sorry for the rant and im sorry for the terribke news message me bruh lets talk and be friends im going through a lot you know and we were all put on this world together litterly we only got ourselves and depend on others like us to fix our health and give us suggestions please man lets work together thanks man see you hopefully soon! 👍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.