I had unprotected oral sex with another male and am worried about std.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had unprotected oral sex with another male where I did not come into contact with his semen orally. About a day or two later, I felt as though my throat was a bit dry and slightly sore and I began worrying a lot. I looked in the back of my throat and found very few, small white spots on one of my tonsils that when scraped left a reddish spot. Now I am seeing two small red dots at the back of my throat behind my uvula but the white spots on my tonsil have not changed significantly. My throat does not hurt at all anymore. I am very worried that I could have caught something and have been worrying a lot about it and it has caused me a lot of stress. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HAve you ever had cold sores before? If so, I wouldn't worry about it...if not, there's the risk for HSV 1. Just go get swabbed if you're worried, nobody can tell you for sure w so few symptoms that you're having.
    • Posted

I've never had cold sores before no and there's no pain in my throat. Could my worrying be a source of any of this?
    • Posted

And also they aren't like sores, just small red dots with no pain.
    • Posted

So herpes does not present most of the time in text book symptom's. That is worse case scenario you read. 80% of people are asymptomatic or have minimal symptom's.

Just got get it swabbed, there's no telling. Sometimes stuff pops up on tonsils too, when you're fighting an infection. You're going to drive yourself nuts, until you go to the doc.

• Posted

Ok thank you very much for this information do you think it could just be something else that happened to pop up?
    • Posted

Well yeah, like your body fighting the common cold.... Tonsils will do that when you may be about to come down w a cold or flu... Right now some pretty nasty colds are going around. I wouldn't fret it too much, but just better to be safe than sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.