I had Uterine Fibroid Embolization 5 months ago and still having heavy long cycles

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had uterine fibroid embolization done 5 months ago. After a month of healing I did not have a cycle for 2 months which was wonderful. The last three cycles have been very heavy with a lot of blood clots and lasting anywhere from 10 to 12 days. Has this happened to anybody else? I've talked to the doctor who did the procedure and they suggest doing an MRI,however, I do not have insurance as I did the procedure self-pay and cannot afford an MRI. Any suggestions from anybody?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.