I HATE......

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone have any pet hates?  Since having PMR I hate washing my hair,  dusting, ironing.  Mind you I've always hated ironing!

Oh!  Another one.  People saying "you look so well"😡

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sorry I was feeling a little off when I wrote that but in the spirit of the post I will say that I find washing my hair as the single most difficult thing I have to do. It is very long and thick. I've just decided that I've got to have it cut, it's just to hard any more. So I'm having several inches cut off.

• Posted

The thing about hair is if you aren't happy it will grow back very quickly.  Many years ago my middle child when a baby decided my hair was his security blanket.  It was long, below my shoulders, and he used to pull on it and chew it.  So I thought to myself I'd been hiding behind my hair since uni days, so off I went for my first professional haircut in years and the poor young hairdresser asked me if I was sure.  I think she must have had at least one experience when she'd taken a customer at her word that they want their hair really short, but then they hadn't liked it.  What happened was she took off a few inches, although not as much as I wanted, and each time after that my hair got shorter and shorter, and I have to say I've never regretted it.  It helped, too, when people told me I looked younger with shorter hair (I wasn't very old anyway, about 34, but still very vain).  Washing my hair takes no time at all and it just air dries, no trouble.

• Posted

Hi Constance,

No Im the opposite, love cleaning especially at night when not tired, also people are saying to me wow your face looks swollen, thats because at 5"5 Ive never been more than a size 4, now a 5-6 and up to 108 lbs which I dont mind but my face has always been thin and now its a moon face, thats where it shows most and I hate it when I hear it. While I look good with the extra few pounds I hate my face now, cab barely see my eyes. grandkids think its a riot!

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I have just been started on 15mg per day for PMR and Osteo Arthritis. I had read about the face changing shape.

can you tell me what dose of Prednisone you are on please 

Jean

• Posted

HI Jean, I'm on 10  mil now, was started on 20 where I felt pain free, tapered down to 12&1/2  where I was ok minimal pain and now have been at ten mil for a month and in lots of shoulder, groin and even chest pain. The moon face was gradual, I was diagnosed exactly one year ago and boy the fullness began after a few short weeks.

im supposed to taper down but waiting and may try to go up half a mil to see it it helps cause Im really not feeling good at all. Good luck you you too,

Sharon

• Posted

I hate winter.
    • Posted

I agree!   I ache all over.  Sunny today though and should be 15 degs - 15 degs😀😀, tomorrow.  It was -4 at the end of last week.  Mad!

• Posted

I hate winter today as I am still not shovelled out of my driveway.  We had a blizzard which lasted for about 36 hours with a lot of drifting, so we have an amazing amount of snow to contend with.  I have shovelled for well over two hours today.  I had help for about half an hour from a passerby, and hubby also shovelled for about 45 minutes before, lucky sod, swanning off to work!  Fortunately one of my sons has offered to come help finish the job this evening.  I just hope the (expletive deleted) snowplough doesn't push snow back into the driveway overnight as I have two appointments to get to tomorrow morning.  Usually I can manage without a car all week, so this is bad timing!  And another storm predicted for Thursday to add about 15-20 more cm on top of the 40-70 we just got!  eek  There isn't anywhere to put it.  I've had to toss shovels full of snow on top of a bank of snow which is already over my head.  This is not good.

• Posted

Wow!  We don't have anything like that in this part of Germany.  I think the deepest we had was 5 cms.  We had very dangerous black ice for a while - I didn't leave the house on those days - didn't think I could cope with my rollator.

In your case I'd probably just hibernate till Spring comes!😏

• Posted

It is unusual to get this quantity.  I think it was thirteen or fouteen years ago we got about a whole metre in one storm.  We'd had a hurricane the previous autumn, called Juan, so this huge snow has ever since been referred to as White Juan!  Unfortunately we are being told that there is now a pattern set up for the next little while.  Hence the new storm on Thursday, and no doubt more to come.  Up until the last couple of weeks it had been a pretty good winter.  But of course one never knows what to expect any more!  I am in a fair amount of pain right now so plan to have a nice wallow in the bath later on and keep really warm and snug overnight.  

• Posted

I hate having to explain myself, over and over again.
    • Posted

I hate having to explain why I don't want to do things, why I'm tired, why I've put on so much weight, why I have brain fog, why I can't walk fast, why I don't do the things I used to do.... 

To friends, colleagues, family, strangers, etc etc etc....

• Posted

Fair enough!  That's the problem with PMR, you can't SEE it, that's why people question/don't believe us.  I am 'lucky' (?😏wink I have polyarthritis and you can definitely see it so people never ask those sort of questions. 

Keep struggling!

Regards fr Constance. 💐

• Posted

Why 2 smilies come up when I only press one I don't know!!

• Posted

I bet one of them is one of those accidental ones we sometimes get from punctuation.  But I like your two little smiley faces!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.